cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download SAP configuration to Disc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Is there anyway can we download the customizing settings related to specific plant from SAP to external hardisc.

If its could you guys please help me to do that or otherwise if you have any idea to download all the configuration related information for a plant from SAP to other storage disck, please let me know with step by step procedure.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

IT is not possible for the Customizing settings but you can very well cope the Configuration using Business Configuration Sets. This a good functionality within SAP itself.

Most widely can be used for Roll-Outs.

Wherein u can copy the Configuration on a CD / DVD / hardDisk, any memory device and then can load it at client end to upload the Configuration.

Harris

Edited by: Harris Panchal on Nov 11, 2008 3:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

Yes. Anything is possible if you have enough resources and time. I don't think it is standard SAP functionality, but you might want to try one of the ABAP or DB forums for another opinion.

If I needed to have an ad hoc look at a large amount of config data, I would probably use SCU0. It is not designed for this purpose, but you can probably torture the output of this transaction into displaying and downloading what you actually want to see.

If a client came to me with a fistful of money and asked me for this functionality, I would certainly develop it for him at an hourly rate. I personally can't imagine any valid business purpose for it.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Why do you need this data?

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

This is not possible, as there are may tables which are transperent, clustered and downloading configuration information will not work.

But SPRO configuration are saving in the transport requests with the transport request number, The transport reqeust you can transport among the system or drive.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar