cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLD - Date Format Batch Expiration Date - System Variable 501

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to print the Batch Expiration Date be shown as DD MMM YY (14 OCT 08) on Sales Orders, etc.

Problem 1: I am using System Variable# 501 but I can't get the Function: Month or Day or Year to work for that field (but was able to get them work on the Date for Row:Delivery Date).

Problem 2: The Day functions displays a single digit - is there an easy solution to show two digits: ie: 01 for January (not 1)?

If I can get these functions to work then I can complete this task by adding a number of fields to compare the contents of the Month field. I found other posts that helped me for this.

Field: 192 - Holds the Month Value (Month Function)

Create two new fields for each month:

Field: 195 - Formula (field_192==10)

Field: 196 - Text Field (OCT) linked to the new field F_195

Note: Fields: 192, 195 would not be visible.

I choose to use System Variable# 501 because the Table: OIBT is not available for Sales Orders.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have posted the answers that I have found.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update - after more research:

Problem 1: Month Function: This is resolved if only one Batch Number is allocated for each Sales Order line (which is normally the case). My sample SO had two batch numbers assigned. Although the Expration Date prints on separate lines - the dates appear to be stored in one field.

I'm still looking for a simple solution to the Day function - I need the day to be 2 digits. I have since found that setting the Format length = 2 and Filler = 0 gave me my two digits.

Edited by: Judi McKnight on Dec 24, 2008 8:14 PM