cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed to send a report to FTP site

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi There

i am tring to create a schedule to send my reports to the FTP site, i can access that FTP by DOS FTP with login ID/Pssword, however my job in the business objects failed, it said connection error "WSA0"

can some one please tell me how i can send a report to FTP site under business objects?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your support, we have fixed this issue, this is not about BO's setting, it is FTP setting issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there

another thing, i could not find the documentation in your link, this link goes to SAP support page, i really want to get some documentation from your website, however, all the links you proivded go to SAP support page, and it is not easy to find the one you provide

thanks

Cleo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cleo,

Could you please visit the following link.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/support

Click on SAP Support Infrastructure->Business Objects support->on left pane you will be able to see the option of documentation.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

i did more test, and found

in the DOS-FTP, i could not send a file to this FTP, however, in the internet explore, i can send a file

therefore, this FTP site may only work under passive mode, not active mode, now, the question is

1. in the BO, is its default setting is "active"?

2. do we have a choice to choose "passive"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did some test, i send the report to another internal FTP site without firewall, it is ok

now, it seems firewall caused the issue?

does anyone know how to check firewall setting to fix this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cleo,

Could you please review the following information.

- Determine four ports (five if you want to use Desktop Intelligence Client) not used by another application

and accessible by the firewall.

- The default port for the CMS is 6400 and to keep it simple you could use 6401-6403 for the other services.

- In the file ccm.config in your BO home directory locate the lines starting with cmsLAUNCH,

inputLAUNCH and outputLAUNCH.

- Add the parameters "-port <hostname> -requestport <portname>" to each of these lines, so they should look like:

"cmsLAUNCH= [...] -restart -port boserver.mydomain.com -requestport 6401 [...]",

"inputLAUNCH= [...] -restart -port boserver.mydomain.com -requestport 6402 [...]",

"inputLAUNCH= [...] -restart -port boserver.mydomain.com -requestport 6403 [...]"

You can find a detailed description of the BO configuration for firewalls in our Deployment Guide http://support.businessobjects.com/documentation/product_guides/boexir2/en/xir2_bip_deploy_en.pdf starting on page 166.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried to type /root under the directory, and i can see there is root folder created on the FTP site, it seems "connection is ok"?

However, the instance still not sent to the FTP, the instance itself is ok,it can be sent to email address and specific location, only FTP failed!!!

any solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no subdirectory on this FTP site, it should go to the root, i tried "./" and "/" in the directory field, but all failed

any other suggestion??

Former Member
0 Kudos

i can easily access to this FTP under DOS or IE browser, i typed same IP address/login ID/password/port number, however, failed under BO

here is what i typed in the destination under schedule

destination: specif FTP server

HOST: IPaddress

PORT: 21(DEFAULT SETTING)

USERNAME: LoginID

PASSWORD:Password

Account: blank

Directory: ./

are these settings ok?as this is our client's FTP site, before i ask them to provide pull path of directory, i have to make sure everything at my side is correct

i am wondering if you can tell me if there is a setting on the server i should check, or if there is special configuration i need to check

thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cleo,

According to me everything is fine except the target directory.

Could you please review the following information.

This error message occurs when the path to the remote FTP directory is specified incorrectly as ./RemoteFTPDirectoryName in the Directory field in the Destination section while scheduling the report to an FTP destination.

Solution:

Specify the directory path to the remote FTP directory as:

/RemoteFTPDirectoryName

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

i totally agree with you, however, this time, i only tried to send one file to FTP, and failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cleo,

I suggest setting the target directory to the full path on the server as the user would see it when connected. For example: /path/to/target/directory.

If you haven't already, give that a try.

Also,test the issue by turning off the firewall and check the port settings.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cleo,

Could you please try the following workflow.

1.Are you getting this error message when trying to schedule a single report or when bursting the reports in a bunch?

2. We need to check the seeting on the FTP server if this is an issue with the report bursting.

Tracing the Destination server or something would help[ You can put a trace by stopping the destination server and putting -trace in the command line of destination and the job server that are involved in it], but I can think of a test that may be faster to reproduce:

With such a test running, do repeated netstat -a from the command line on the server running the job. This should tell us if we're just adding more and more connections without closing them, for instance. The FTP server itself may also have a limit on the number of connections it allows in altogether, or from a single host. At the point that things start failing, from the same machine, make also an interactive FTP request from the command line. This should tell you whether you can still log in. If you cannot, you know that your FTP server is no longer accepting connections, and is perhaps waiting for things to time out. Also, since it is external, we may well be trying to upload 130 docs at the same time, with the first one still being written, when the next upload request comes in. Maybe the server just can't handle that many writing streams at the same time. There may be a bandwidth constraint as well, so maybe we're getting connection errors because we trying to logon yet again, when already we're sending MBs down the pipe in multiple streams.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur