cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA: Changing Current View possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to change the Current View/Action Pane via VBA? I have a combo box that when updated needs to also change the current view.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

If you just wanna create buttons, to change Application in just click on the button, then you need to use the EVAPP formula.

If you just want to update members in clicking a button, just use EVCVW. Then click in the action pane "WORKSHEET DIMENSION LOCK OPTIONS" if you want to avoid people from using the action pane....

Also you can change all the dimension members of the action pane from excel buttons (so macros) using the macro MNU_ETOOLS_MEMBERSELECTOR_E for entity, MNU_ETOOLS_MEMBERSELECTOR_C for category...

Is it a bit what you are looking for?

Hope this helps

Nic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the suggestions. I actually just defined a CVW override section and had VBA write values to those cells.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

"Also you can change all the dimension members of the action pane from excel buttons (so macros) using the macro MNU_ETOOLS_MEMBERSELECTOR_E for entity, "

What does this exactly do ?

JohnL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Do a search in the online help for this: evMNU

EvMNU("SETCV",,"Category=actual;time=2003.Q4;") &EvMNU("openfile","Click Here","filename.xls")

I haven't used this myself so please let us know how you make out with your solution.

In general, the MNU_* macro's are not very interactive and I have submitted an enhancement request to make these macro's more "smarter" so that you can access the properties, methods and return values when using the macros.

HTH,

John

former_member599120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John Kreps,

You can use the VBA script to call the SAP BPC function.

Thanks,

Wandi Sutandi