cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax codes - can you set up default value for rows and freight? HELP!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - I have two issues with tax codes:

1. When adding a sales order if any of the rows do not have a value for "Tax Code" I will get an error "Row without tax was found".

- How can I get all rows on my sales orders, documents, etc to default to a specific tax code? Or will users ALWAYS have to enter the tax code?

2. When addring a sales order with Freight, if the order is added without adding a tax code to the freight I will get an error "Expense with tax was found"

- How can I get the tax code have a default value? We always use the same tax code, so it is redundant to have to enter this information.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following :

Test in Demo Enviorment the following :

1.In order to populate tax code in sales document,go to

Business partner master data->Address tab->Ship to->tax code field. Define the default

2. For AP Documents :

Go to the Item master data->inventory tab->select warehouse->

warehouse setup-> tax code

For the freight default tax, check the freight box at Administration=> Setup=>Financials=> Tax=>Tax Codes- setup.

Select the Required tax code and check the freight box.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jitin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhon,

this is the simplest and best way to make a Tax Code default is Go to

Answer for Question 1

Administration -> Setup -> Financial -> Tax -> Tax Code Determination (Click on this)

in that screen you can set a default tax code for both sales as well as Purchase.

If you want to set Tax Code based on Vendors or Customers or Items separately then you can use the Key Fields.

Answer for Question 2

Once you enter the Tax Code in the freight i think it takes the Tax Code itself, I'm not so sure about this one though.

Hope this helps you out

regards,

Shreyas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

The answer that corrected my issue was the following:

1.In order to populate tax code in sales document,go to

Business partner master data->Address tab->Ship to->tax code field. Define the default

John Sefton

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

The Tax Code on the Sales AR side will depend on the Shipping Address and State. This is why for each Shipping Address defined in the BP Master for a Customer you can see a place to define the Tax Code.

If you go the Tax Code definition you will see the Freight check box..checking this will default the Tax Code in the Freight window as well.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

I have a doubt I cant find Tax code in my BP master i.e in ship to address, as well as in the Item Master.

Kindly let me know how to activate this.

Regards

Shashi

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shashi,

Which localization are you using? Also please post your question as a seperate thread as it is not the same as the original post.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Alright

Thanks

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

For A/R or A/P documents, the default of tax code setting is different. You can default Tax code for each customer on the BP address tab. In case of A/P, the default tax code is on your warehouse.

In summary, the default tax codes are related to ship-to addresss. You have to setup default in according to the addresses.

Thanks,

Gordon