cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you adjust APC & A/D thru revaluation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to adjust APC & Accum Deprec together with the same value thru Revaluation t-code ABAWN.. or any std. SAP tcode. I know SAP doesnot allow you to post to these b/s recon accounts directly.

For eg. Asset #1

Original APC = 10,000, A/D = 5000 and NBV = 5000.

Posting: <10000> to APC and 10000 to A/D .. resulting NBV is still +ve 5000.

(explanation: post -ve 10,000 to APC and offset it with A/D.. now after this posting i think there wont be any depreciation re-calculation since APC = 0)

Can we utilize std SAP to post entries like above or it has to be done via an extension or something? Will appreciate your comments.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi You can use the transaction ABF1, use posting key 70 or 75 fill in the g/l account and ttype 100. Don't fill in an asset number.

I only think that this is a work arround and no solution on the long term.

When you post direct on the accounts the values in asset accounting are no longer in line with the G/L accounts and in the future you will get differences.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul, thanks for your comment.

The reason we're doing this is because we're implementing parallel ledger and the local gaap (non-leading ledger) was based on group methodology in the legacy system, but in SAP we're implementing it at individual asset # level. The above accounting (retirement) entries you saw was at group asset level in legacy but now in SAP we have to mirror the same at asset # level. So I need to develop a program thru which i can mirror the same using customized 'Z' TTy which only post in local gaap depr area.

ABF1 will not work in this case as we want to post it to an asset # and not the GL acct.

Besides FA and GL reconcilation issue.. what other issues would i face? and the suggested approach. Also, I am not sure that implementing group methodology under SAP will resolve this issue. Will appreciate your comments.

Thanks.

Answers (0)