cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username and Password Prompt

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just purchased Crystal Reports 2008 after using version 8.0. I've been creating reports form our ERP software's VFP datbase files using 8.0. With the 2008 version of Crystal I'm prompted for a username and password when trying to access the database when first trying to set up a new report. Specifically, I try to start a new report, choose ODBC, visual foxpro database, then get prompted for the username and password. I'm doing this on my station just to test out the report and have tried my username and password with no success. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Check the ODBC connection which you are using for CR 8 for username and pssword.

Have you tried with OLE DB ? If not try to create a report using OLE DB.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. Oddly enough, after opening an existing report which used the same database, I no longer get prompted to log in when starting a new report. With any luck this condition will persist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

n/t

Edited by: Michael Cool on Oct 23, 2008 10:51 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I thought was solved has instead evolved. While the access to the localized testing version of my database still doesn't require a log in, attempting to access the production database from my station does stop me at the log in prompt.

There is no username and password set up for the connection on my older install of Crystal. And I'm being prompted for the same thing when I tried opening it using OLE DB as suggested by Sastry above.

Any ideas oh great and powerful collective Oz? Toto? Anybody?

Edited by: Michael Cool on Oct 23, 2008 10:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

There is a change in Query engine from CR 8.5 to CR XI. In all new versions, if you try to refresh first time then it will ask for Database logon credintials. If you update some thing in report and if you click on refresh second time it will not ask for Username and Password.

Once you close your designer and reopen and refresh the report again it will ask for database credinticals.

This is for yor information.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not even getting to the point of refreshing the data. Just going in to start creating the report I'm being prompted for a username and password when chosing the data source through ODBC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Did you get this resolved? I'm having the same issue.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark

I have been able to get this to work on occassion but not on a consistent basis. It's mostly been hit or miss. Please post here if you are able to pick up any clues on what will make this work properly.

Mike

Edited by: Michael Cool on Jan 7, 2009 4:21 PM