cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filling in a DWC-10 (Florida Work Comp billing form)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to replicate Florida's Work Comp billing form. Does anyone know how I can either have 2 subreports or 2 detail sections that do not alternate with eachother however let me allow 3 records in one section and 2 records in another, then moving to another page? If this is confusing, I can try to explain further.

Example of the form can be found here: [http://www.fldfs.com/WC/pdf/DWC-10_draft.pdf]

As you can see, there are 4 specified sections. I want sections 2 and 3 to restrict the record counts independently. Section 2 allows upto 3 records then goes to a new page, section 3 allows 2 records then goes to next page. Can this be done?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i understand correctly you want to mimic the form.

i am a bit confused on what you mean by the following

do not alternate with eachother ?- do not have any relation in data to each other?

2 and 3 to restrict the record counts independently.? do you want count the number of records in this section????

if you want to print only a certain number of records on a page you can do a record count formula and in the section expert on new page after place a formula

if recordcount >=4.00 then true and it should break on the count

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are correct-I am trying to mimic the form.

What I mean by not alternating with each other is that section 2 needs a record count of 3 then stops, followed by section 3 with a record count of 2 then stops. From there I need it to proceed with a footer and go to another page if the record count exceeds the stops on the first page. The second page would need to continue the format across as many pages as needed (depending on record counts). Section 2 will have different information than Section 3.

Ex:

PH Section 1

D Section2.1

D Section2.2

D Section2.3

STOP Section 2 until next page if record count is > 3

D Section3.1

D Section3.2

STOP Section 3 until next page if record count is > 2

F Section 4

I have tried record count on the main form with 1 detail section and then adding in a subreport which has another record count on it but it does not work very well. I know that the detail sections will alternate if I just do 2 different sections: Section 2, Section 3, Section 2, Section 3 etc...

This is not what Im needing. I don't know if Crystal can even do what I'm looking for.

Does this make better sense?

Former Member
0 Kudos

does your section 2 have a unique id that will be associated with it?

can you create a formula from that unique id and then use it as a group?

Former Member
0 Kudos

does your section 2 have a unique id that will be associated with it?

Not exactly. I am dealing with Durable Medical Equipment and Nursing services. We are using HCPCS/CPT Codes which describe a piece of equipment or service being provided. We do have unique id's on what we call a "LineItem" which is an entry of the particular HCPCS/CPT Code. Depending on what HCPCS/CPT code is entered (There are hundreds/thousands of them) will determine if it should go into section 2 or 3.

can you create a formula from that unique id and then use it as a group?

I don't know if that will work. Lets say that Section 2 contains HCPCS starting with A and Section 3 has HCPCS starting with B. I need the report to fill in the information as follows on each page:

Section 2

A

A

A

Section 3

B

B

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

I've recreated the CMS-1500 very similar to your's but is a bit less complicated with fewer sections.

Basically I had to create a group and on the Patient and a second on the ProcedureCode. Suppress the Detail section and work with the Group Footers only.

In my case, the CMS-1500 could only have 6 lines per page, so I had 6 sub Groupfooters like GF1A, GF1B, etc. In each except the GF1A, I created a suppress formula that would say something like:

In GF1B:

WhilePrintingRecords;

NumberVar LineCounter;

LineCounter < 2 ;

In GF1C:

WhilePrintingRecords;

NumberVar LineCounter;

LineCounter < 3 ;

And so on. Do not put one in GF1A because you should always have at least 1 record.

The LineCounter needs to be initialized in the PageHeader like:

WhilePrintingRecords;

LineCounter := 0;

The reason for the Pageheader and not the GroupHeader is because a patient may need more than 1 page and you want the line counter to start again on each page.

It gets complicated to explain but if you would like, I can forward you a copy of the report for you to have a look at.

Thanks,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

We also have implemented the CMS 1500's via Crystal. This is where we start to get confused on the Florida Work Comp billing form. Because they have 2 sections that would be considered "Detail Sections" in Crystal, they would by default overlap. D1, D2, D1, D2 ... but in this case I need it to repeat/display upto 3 times for D1 and then move to D2 where it will repeat/display upto 2 times. At this point it would produce a footer for the remaing section them continue onto another page if either section is greater than than their are fields available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The way we have ours setup is as follows:

GH1 Houses all the demographics

Da (Lineitems) *Upto 6 Lineitems*

Db Footer (we have Cont... in the totals)

GF1 Footer (with totals)

Using this layout-we need to do the following

GH1 Houses all the demographics

Da (Lineitems) *Upto 3 Lineitems*

Db (Lineitems) *Upto 2 Lineitems*

Dc Footer (we have Cont... in the totals)

GF1 Footer (with totals)

However I can not have the drill down alternate Da, Db, Da, Db etc...

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

You need to create 1 more group for what you want to do to work. Create a group on the CPT code. This should get you your sections to sort properly.

The CPT codes should be grouped by a specific code. In my case I work with Optometric codes and I know anything beginning with a 9 (92014) is an examination and anything beginning with a V (V2020) is a material. You may need to do something like that as well to separate the Rx from the equipment codes.

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian and Sharon,

Thank you-I will give it a shot and see what I can come up with. I will repost once I have completed trying this.

Regards-Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

If you are still willing to send me a sample of your report to look at, I would appreciate it. I feel that Im closer to what I need however am still struggling. Let me know if you can do this.

Thanks,

Matt

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Forward your e-mail address to kayaking2000atgmaildotcom and I'll send you the report with an explanation of how it works.

The report has 4 records saved so you can see how it works and a UFL that will be included that needs to be installed before the report will load. Drop this into the Windows\System32 folder.

I'll give you more information when I foward the report to you.

Thanks,

Brian

Answers (0)