IH01 default screen variant for all users
I want location hierarchy, equipment installed and BOM explosion checked in the transaction IH01 for all users. I can do this through a screen variant but the user will have to choose it every time he enters this transaction. Is there a way that the above fields default as checked everything a user enters the t-code? I looked for it in SPRO and could not find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
H. Stephen Butterworth replied
This selection screen is not available in in configuration to set the defaults.
For this transaction, this is a little difficult to set up using the transaction code variant, but it can be done.
The problem is that the Functional Location and Date fields are set as Obigatory, so they would be saved in the variant as well.
However, you can set the Attribute "Save without values".
The steps are as follows:
1. In transaction IH01 enter a functional location and all the settings that you require as defaults.
2. Press SAVE. Name the variant SAP_TCODE_IH01
3. Mark the date and F/L fields as 'Save without values"
4. Mark any other fields you want as "Required field"
5. This is optional, but if you mark it as "Only Display in catalog" it will not be available in the drop down, and people cannot change it without knowing the name. If you protect it, it becomes a problem if you are ill, leave the company etc.