cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IH01 default screen variant for all users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want location hierarchy, equipment installed and BOM explosion checked in the transaction IH01 for all users. I can do this through a screen variant but the user will have to choose it every time he enters this transaction. Is there a way that the above fields default as checked everything a user enters the t-code? I looked for it in SPRO and could not find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This selection screen is not available in in configuration to set the defaults.

For this transaction, this is a little difficult to set up using the transaction code variant, but it can be done.

The problem is that the Functional Location and Date fields are set as Obigatory, so they would be saved in the variant as well.

However, you can set the Attribute "Save without values".

The steps are as follows:

1. In transaction IH01 enter a functional location and all the settings that you require as defaults.

2. Press SAVE. Name the variant SAP_TCODE_IH01

3. Mark the date and F/L fields as 'Save without values"

4. Mark any other fields you want as "Required field"

5. This is optional, but if you mark it as "Only Display in catalog" it will not be available in the drop down, and people cannot change it without knowing the name. If you protect it, it becomes a problem if you are ill, leave the company etc.

6. SAVE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking the time. This solved my problem.

Ajay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajay,

You can set the default values for many of the PM/CS list-edit reports in the IMG. I'm not sure if IH01 is one of these???

However, these default values are overridden by a user variant with the format U_XXXXXX where XXXXXX is your SAP Logon ID.

PeteA

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

if the variant you have created is the only one available then it will display to all the user,but the if some other variant is there with user name then it will be displayed for the user logged on .

only thing is don't authorize the user to create the variant

from SAP help:

Each user can also create their own selection screen. The selection screen defined by you is only then proposed by the system, if no individual selection screen has been defined for the user under their user name.

If you want to define an individual selection screen for each user, and the user-specific selection screen should be proposed automatically when the report is called up, the name of the report variant must begin with U_USERNAME.

Maintenance of selection variants

When you execute the function, you reach the initial screen with all the selection fields. There you can define the standard selection screen. This selection screen is then always proposed if no individual selection screen has been defined for the user under the name U_USERNAME.

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thyagarajan. There are a lot of variants(may be about 40) for the initial screen in IH01. None of them are user specific. Any user can choose any variant. What i am looking for is one default variant for all the users so that when they enter IH01 all the users get the same default variant. Maybe the answer lies in your sentence

"When you execute the function, you reach the initial screen with all the selection fields. There you can define the standard selection screen. This selection screen is then always proposed if no individual selection screen has been defined for the user under the name U_USERNAME "

What function and where do i execute?

Thanks for your time.

Ajay

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Before executing the IH01,specify the values and press the SAVE button ,system will prompt new screen where you can specify the user name as specified above threads

regards

thyagarajan