cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting from a Business View connection to a non-Business View connectio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report on our Crystal Reports Server that I need to move to a machine with Crystal Reports XI installed and no connection to the Business Objects Server.

When I create an ODBC connection pointing to the same table and then try to use Set Datasource Location to Update the Data Source I get an errormessage:

Converting from a Business View connection to a non-Business View connection is not supported.

What can I do? It is a complex report that I don't want to take the time and energy to rewrite.

Thank You for any answers.

<a href="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3234/2942702182_72365cc04f_o.jpg">Screen Shot</a>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you convert the data connection. is it possible to export the bv and then import on new server. than you can redirect your report.

One of the bad things about BVs is that once a rpt is tied to a BV it is forever tied to a BV

Bryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brundibar,

I recommend to post this query to the [Universe Designer and Business Views Designer|; forum.

This forum is dedicated to topics related to the universes and business views.

It is monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there.

Also, all Universe Designer and Business Views Designer queries remain in one place and thus can be easily searched in one place.

Best regards,

Falk