cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying a Project in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was trying to copy an existing project using the "Copy Project" option in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN. When I did that, the documents on the "Project Documentation" tab were copied (as desired) but those document attributes (i.e. the "Person Responsible", "Document Status") all changed. These fields did not match what was in the originial project.

Is this a configuration setting that needs to be changed or is this a setting in "Copy Project" that I missed?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

EXCELLENT! This works for me too! Thank you so much Jason!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erin,

I just went to SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, right clicked on my project, selected copy and the new project has my document attributes copied as well. My person responsible and status are the same in both. The only difference is it has "Copy From" at the beginning of the document name.

There isn't anything special to select and I don't believe there is any configuration for this as well. I'm not sure what could be wrong, but it is possible to do what you want.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I right click on the project I want to copy, I have the option "Copy..." Once I select this option, another screen pops up with a header "Copy a Project". It has some selection criteria (of which I have selected all the fields) and basically once you hit execute it starts a background job to copy the project. Once my project is copied, the attributes for the documents are copied over but they are reset to different values. For example, if the document attribute in the originial project was a status of "Released" and the Person Responsible was "JDoe", then in the copied project the same document would have a status of "In Processing" and the Person Responsible would always reset to my user id instead of the original person responsible????

When you did your copy of a project, did you check documents that were in the originial project of a different status and listed as a different person responsible than yourself to see if you get the same kinds of changes as I have described in the above paragraph?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope I had my user as the person responsible, so I wouldn't have seen your issue.

I tried it again and after assigning another user as the Person Responsible and copying the project, my user replaced the other user I assigned, as you described.

Your only options seems to be to create a new project. Then add the scenarios from the project you want to copy to the BPS by changing the source on the structure tab from the BPR to Project, and then browsing your project for the scenarios. When you get a popup about documents, you have to refer to the documents, because copying them results in your user becoming the Person Responsible as well.

regards,

Jason