cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on a Multi-cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to get a query to link data from one multi-cube to another in the query. The report is printing all of the data from cube 1, then the data from cube 2, not combining the data as we expected.

What we are getting:

cube1_data

cube1_data

cube1_data

cube2_data

cube2_data

cube2_data

Example:

cube1_data

cube2_data

cube2_data

cube2_data

cube1_data

cube2_data

Is this a problem with the query or with the way the data was loaded?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gayle

After you check on in all of possible components belong your MultiProvider. I suggest the next steps:

Check on in your query, such as Ashish said, whether the characteristics are you used in query design, are in Cube1 and Cube2. (Remember that the combining of each characteristic of each dimension it is a key field). For add both value that come from of different IncoCube, you need match its key field. If you have different combination in each Cube of key field, you couldn't merge in one line.

Futhermore, of check on the comment above, take a look in both InfoCube (Cube1 and Cube2) display the data through each InfoCube with the same criteria of the query and the same fields (characteristic and key figure) that you have selected. You should see the same behavior between Cube1, Cube2 and the Query. Try to find how the three component read the data, maybe there are differences between them. For do this checking, the 0INFOPROV characteristic is quite helpful.

Activate 0INFOPROV from business content, add as Inforprovider, and join in your MultiCube.

I hope this can help you understand what are happend!

Luis

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestions. I have verified all of the characteristics and checked the appropriate values, and also activated the cube. Yet still, the query is not displaying the data properly. I am not sure what to check next.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per ur query, i think you have not maintained the charecteristics of those two cubes in the multicube.

goto the display mode of multicube and find the option maintain charecteristics and click on it.

It will give u fields form bothe the cubes and u have to select fields u need in multicube.

For example if u have material no in bothe cubes, u will get the material no charecteristics and below it u will have both the cubes with a check box.

please check both the boxes so that it maintains the charecteristics.

Please do this for all possible primary key fields that are common in the cubes.

Now u can choose what fields from which cube should be displayed in the multicube.

select atleast one key figure from bothe the cubes and now activate it.

The basic idea behind maintraining charecteristics is that when u try to display the data ,(for example u have maintained iei.e. checked material no from both the cubes) it will populate data from both the cubes with the material no as key.

now it takles material no as key and compares in both the cubes and populates data withput duplication.

Hope this solves ur issue.

Regards,

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gayle,

I try to give one alternative solution to answer your question:

When you create a MultiProvider you should join each relevant InfoProviders, like InfoCubes, DataStores, InfoObjects, InfoSets and Aggregation Levels. After that, you should assign each characteristic from each InfoProviders to MultiProvider Model. After, you should assign, from what the characteristic or key figure should read the data, for to do this, you should click in right button over the characteristic an key figure and select u201CIdentify (Assign)u201D.

Usually the MultiProvider have the characteristic 0INFOPROV, this characteristic is displayed in Data Package Dimension, and is to select where you need to read the data from Query.

Try to check my suggestion and I hope this can help you,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

issue is with how u create ur multicube.

u need to identify the characteristics properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the report to display data together you would need to have all the characteristics used in the query to be present in both the base cubes.