cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Here we have been printing the invoces by RSNAST00 program. It is being done each 3 minutes. But in monthly closing, this job is taking more than 3 minutes.

So, the job started and the other job is still running.

Is there a way of the re-schedule the job only after his end execution?

Thanks in advance,

Dany Anderspn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

One way is to have external batch scheduling software, which handles starting and monitoring of batch jobs. One program is BMC Software's Control-M. If you use external batch job management, there will not be issues you mentioned.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create conditions so you can trigger a job after the other one finish... but i don't know if you can create a continious loop....

Anyhow I think the best is to change the periodic value so you don't create a bottleneck.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

If there is a function to create or release a job, i could create a user-exit in the end of the RSNAST00 program.

So, in the end of the printing, the user-exit create/release another job but only 3 minutes later.

But i dont know if it is possible!

Thanks for you answer,

Dany Anderson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup you can use the user exit to trigger the printing job.

I feel during month end your spool workprocesses are occupied.

I hope you can trigger it using user exit and ensure that once that job or event is done then it automatically triggers the printing.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

The problem is that I dont know if exists some abap function that "release" a job.

Do you know if it exists?

Regards,

Dany Anderson