Did you mean: 

Solution manager service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a client who would like to use the service desk

functionality of Solution Manager for their IT ticket handling

system. Right now, Solution Manager has been configured for the

service desk functionality of sending messages to SAP.

I would like to know where to start, I think first of this is a

separate project on its own, I have not found anything to help

guide besides the Solution Manager Service desk additional

information.

Has anyone done this before, any tips, advice,

documents....anything?

Thanks in advance

OM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Om-

You are right! It should be treated as it's own implementation project! This is what most integrators get wrong when they try to implement the Service Desk for a client. Yes you can probably hammer out the actual configuration in 2 weeks, but you must go through the project phases first. Config might take 2 weeks, but what about analyzing their current process for support, recommending a to-be approach using Service Desk, gathering additional requirements, testing, and training? Make sure you go through the phases and understand what Service Desk offers in both benefts as well as limitations. Also existing tools for support and 3rd party vendors will need to be taken into consideration.

As far as the configuration goes you really only have 2 options: 1.) Hire a consultant who has done this before or 2.) Go through the IMG documentation and work through it, as well as the help on this forum and SAP notes.

To my knowledge there are NO configuration guides that will help you out in an end to end manner, especially with customer specific requirements. People will offer up config guides on this forum but they are usually junk and usually consists of IMG documentation copied and pasted into a Word doc.

Good luck