cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBPP v. Biller Direct

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a first time poster here so I am going to ask a basic question. Can anyone explain the difference between EBPP, which is (was) marketed as a stand-alone bolt-on compatible with 4.6c, and BillerDirect, which seems to be a component of ERP Financials which I understand to require an upgrade from 4.6c.

Any insights would help me, thanks all

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alex_liu2
Explorer
0 Kudos

EBPP is a general term, which stands for electronic bill present and payment. There are a few market players who offer EBPP related software.

Biller Direct fullfulls EBPP functions e.g. present open bills, paid bills, dispute processing, onine payment (credit card/direct debit) . it also seamlessly integrates with SAP FI-AR and FI-CA (Contract accounting, which is widely implemented in Utilities, Telecom and Insurance industry)

Comparing with stand along EBPP software, the advange of SAP BIller Direct is the out-of-box integration. E.g. Once the Biller execute billing in backend system(R/3 or none R/3 billing system), the customer could find their bills online.

Biller Direct payer side also support vendor to logon to upload PO invoice. The invoice is uploaded to R/3 automatcally.

In addition, SAP also offers EBPP Enterprise Servcie bundle, which allows customer to build own EBPP application via web service technolgy with the installation of Biller Direct.

Best Regards,

Alex Liu

Edited by: Alex Liu on Jul 3, 2009 5:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are trying to implement Biller direct, we are currently on ECC 5.0, in SPRO under FSCM I only found configuration points for Accounts receivable, nothing for accounts payable.

Looked at note 730830 which is to do with BP Payer direct 60.1/60.2, but when basis tries to import get a message saying cannot be implemented.

Can someone guide me as to what needs to be done in order to configure and start using Payer direct functionality, i.e. suppliers logging in and checking account balances, uploading invoices etc.

I found in content download, a zip file for Payer direct 60.1 and 60.2, do I need to install this business package in our landscape in order to be able to use AP functionality ?

Any help woule be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Imran Sadiq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Am addressing this question as you seem to have some inputs in this area. Am working on Biller Direct for the first time and have encountered a road block.

We are trying to implement Biller Direct with ECC 6.0 with FI-AR.

Have a question reegarding the 'Automatic Debit Authorization' option provided. As per documentation the user can authorize the company to debit their Bank account for the amount of the invoice on the due date.

Have set this up, however, nothing seems to be happening. Do we have to run some programs or jobs on the R/3 end to use this option.

Thanks for your inputs.

alex_liu2
Explorer
0 Kudos

SAP BIller Direct buyer side released in SAP ERP Enhancement Package 2, you need to check whether it supports ECC 5.0.

For ECC 6.0 user, you can just implement EhP2 and get aboved functionalities.

alex_liu2
Explorer
0 Kudos

The setting of Automatic Debit Authorization just assign a bank account, which allows to execute direct debit. The consumber still need to confirm the payment, then Biller execute payment run for cash collection.