cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when I export a report to Excel Format in an ASP.NET application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a strange error when I tried to export a report in excel format in an ASP.NET application.

First here my configuration :

Server : Windows 2000 (IIS 5.0)

Version of CR : 11.0.0.1282

Version of VS : Visual Studio 2000 framework 1.0

When I exported my report on my local PC (IIS 5.1) everything worked fine, so I tried on another server

W2K3 (IIS 6.0) and I have no error too but when I try on my Windows 2000 server I always have the error : Invalid Export Format (sorry but my server is in french so it's hard to give you the exact error in english).

Here the error in french :

Erreur dans le fichier C:\DOCUME1\TCR02T1\ASPNET\LOCALS~1\Temp\{764C16DC-5A31-4CBF-8E23-D6E28090BB06}.rpt : La DLL ou le format d'exportation non valides.

Anyone have a solution for this issue ??

Regards,

Hugo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you distribute the CR XI runtime to the Windows 2000 server?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed the Crystal Report XI software on the server with all of his components.

Thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. Then are you able to export the report using the CR designer on that server?

Also, try a simple win app to export a report to xls. To save a bit of work, ff you use a saved data report, you don't have to code the database logon.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to export the result of my report directly in Crystal Report software and everything work fine.

I downloaded the winform program vbnet_win_export and I can export in excel format.

So the program is only with asp.net.

Thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. So it looks like a permissions issue. One way to try to figure that out is to use Process Monitor from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Utilities/SysinternalsSuite.mspx

Once you have a log from the Process Monitor, look for any "Access denied" messages on both files and registry entries.

Also, ensure the ASP net process has read / write permissions on the temp directory as well as the Crystal Reports bin directory where the dlls are located.

Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found why I have this error and the solution was really simple.

When I installed the software I didn't reboot the server because it's a PROD server and I don't have the rights to do that.

This morning the server crashed so after a reboot the export work.

Strange but nice to know.

Thanks a lot for your help

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strange indeed. But as long as that got it going.

Have a good one,

Ludek