cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on SDCCN Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All - I would like some insight on configuring SDCCN.

My (simple) landscape is as follows:

Solution Manager system (should be the master)

3 Clients in an ECC system

1.) In the Administration of SDCCN (in the SolMan) system, when I try to activate target clients or assign the SolMan system as master I am getting a Back RFC error. I have created and tested both connectioin and auth tests for Back RFC destination and those connections work. Why is it throwing the error here?

2.) I have manually set (gone into SolMan --> Tx SDCCN) Solution Manager as the master system however in the Administration of SDCCN overview, it is not identified as the master. Why?

3.) In Administration of SDCCN when I add a new target system, exit the screen and come back it removes the existing target system that had already been maintained. Why?

4.) When activating SDCCN for Solution Manager I created an RFC destination NONE, as advised in the documentation. Do I delete the SDCC_OSS that was created during the activation? i.e. For Solution Manager as master do I need both NONE and SDCC_OSS or just NONE.

Thanks. Full points will be awarded for HELPFUL answers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the error that you are gettin in Back RFC?

Please provide details.

feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Back destination from system XXX to master system XXX cannot be found

Message no. SOLAR_EN162

Diagnosis

The system XXX has no system defined as the 'master' system. To assign the current SAP Solution Manager system XXX as the master system, a back destination to the Solution Manager has to exist. This destination could not be generated automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I found the reason for the Back RFC error. Even though the Back RFC destination was automatically generated in SMSY, the RFC was still not known to SDCCN. I tried adding it in the RFC settings in the Destination tab but my SID is INITIAL. Applying a permanent license will most likely resolve this problem.

Help on these two questions will still be appreciated:

3.) In Administration of SDCCN when I add a new target system, exit the screen and come back it removes the existing target system that had already been maintained. Why?

4.) When activating SDCCN for Solution Manager I created an RFC destination NONE, as advised in the documentation. Do I delete the SDCC_OSS that was created during the activation? i.e. For Solution Manager as master do I need both NONE and SDCC_OSS or just NONE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From your list of question - its not clear whether the steps are done in following sequence. I guess you are trying to configure EWA for one of the child system using SDCCN.

1. You have all licenses installed on Satellite systems as well as in Solution Manager.

In Solution Manager system:

2. You have created "Solution" and "Logical Components" in Solution_Manager and SMSY. The EWA are activated in Solution manager for this child system.

3. You know the valid RFC users in Both sytems.

Only one time activation of SDCCN is required in any system

In child system:

5. The RFC mentioned in SDCCN from child system should point to Solution Manager (this doesn't sound in your questions)

6. In child system - SDCCN from client 000 ( in BW systems it's production client) run SDCCN and refresh sessions. This will fetch valid session number from Solution Manager.

It it doesn't - then create a session in solution manager for this system.

Remember - EWA is not client dependent.. you mentioned 3 clients in ECC system. There will be only one EWA for the entire system...no matter how many clients you have in the child system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Manoj - Thanks for your helpful insight. Please see my comments and questions below:

-

1. You have all licenses installed on Satellite systems as well as in Solution Manager.

In Solution Manager system: At the moment the child and parent systems both have temporary licenses. My assumption is that this is the root of the problem.

2. You have created "Solution" and "Logical Components" in Solution_Manager and SMSY. The EWA are activated in Solution manager for this child system. Yes

3. You know the valid RFC users in Both sytems. Yes

Only one time activation of SDCCN is required in any system - Didn't know this. I guess it makes sense since the EWA report generates results per system, not per client or per solution. So I can enter SDCCN in any of the clients on ECC and activate it just one time?????

In child system:

5. The RFC mentioned in SDCCN from child system should point to Solution Manager (this doesn't sound in your questions) Yes

6. In child system - SDCCN from client 000 ( in BW systems it's production client) run SDCCN and refresh sessions. This will fetch valid session number from Solution Manager.

It it doesn't - then create a session in solution manager for this system.

Remember - EWA is not client dependent.. you mentioned 3 clients in ECC system. There will be only one EWA for the entire system...no matter how many clients you have in the child system.

So when I administer SDCCN from my Solution Manager system, there should only be one child and one parent? I guess this is the reason why the clients were being swapped out whenever I tried to add a new one.....