cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a component (A) which calls a usage to another component (B). Component B is a search help component that I created. Component B returns an ALV table with a list of entries retrieved from a FM.

The FIRST time I click on the search help button, my break-point in my used component is hit. The data is populated and displayed in the ALV as it should. The SECOND time I click on the search help (within the same session), my break-point is not hit, and the same list is returned. Between the first and second search help click, I made an entry that should have been returned with the second search.

I have declared my component usage in WDDOINIT of the component controller. I have also tried creating the usage in the views/windows and their respective hook methods with no success.

After the first call to usage of component B, is there a way to delete the reference to that usage and create a new one each time the search help is clicked?

Thanks.

Warren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured it out. I simply called the delete component method of my component usage upon a change to my ALV:

DATA lo_cmp_usage TYPE REF TO if_wd_component_usage.

lo_cmp_usage = wd_this->wd_cpuse_usage_hc( ).

lo_cmp_usage->delete_component( ).

Cheers

Edited by: Warren Clements on Oct 14, 2008 9:10 PM

Edited by: Warren Clements on Oct 14, 2008 9:10 PM