cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM case sensitive user id and password?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All:

Does anyone know how to not make user names and passwords case sensitive in mdm?

It is bizzare that it wouldn't let you log if you use "viewer", instead of "Viewer", but at the same time it wouldn't let you create 'viewer' if you already have a 'Viewer' defined.

Any solution?

KT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khurram,

The user id and passwords are case sensitive.But this functionality you can achieved by using LDAP or APIS.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Jitesh's point...

and perhaps this is my 2nd question, in a MDM-EP scenario is there a way around mapping? I have seen blogs talk about establishing a trusted system b.w EP and mdm repository using some java code ()

Minaz:

Are you talking about doing a LDAP connect to MDM or to EP? I am not aware how the LDAP would work with MDM, but i have seen documents talk about updating the ini file if the code segment is not already in it. After the EP LDAP connect, would you still need to do user mapping for MDM connection.....if not how will the user ids from LDAP(EP) appear in MDM?

Regards,

KT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khurram,

MDM can have the LDAP support for user authentication.

For this you need to have maintain field like MDMRoles in your LDAP directory.

You can refer to the below link for more details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/8e/9f9c427055c66ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to use Standard MDM iViews to interact with MDM system then there is only way to map Portal user with MDM user with the help of User Mapping. The link that you have posted contains the code which will be helpful when you want to customize the things and for this you need to use MDM Java APIs.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for you input, I guess we all have to keep our fingers crossed for MDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the default behaviour of MDM and we can not change it. But in EP-MDM scenario this would not be the case. Since we perform the user mapping step.

So far we are not aware of all the features of MDM 7.1 so can't comment whether the setting you are looking for would be possible or not.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khurram,

Yes its True MDM Login Credentials like username and pwd are Case sensitive.There is no option of making it Insensitive.

At the same time,when creating it in Console,it will recognise the case and not allow you to create it saying it already exists.

Its a limitation of the tool.

Hope SAP is taking note of it,in its future release.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes thats ryt. It does behaves this way. Nothing that can be done at Console configuration level. Either will have to wait till MDM 7.1 or Integrate MDM with LDAP to avoid MDM authenticating the users.

Regards,

Amol