cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Database Connector Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently upgraded to a Win2003 server and everything went well. Also upgraded was our Oracle DB from 9 to 10g.

Recently I am receiving the message below on all of my reports through the CMC. I can run them fine via the Crystal developer. This is happening on ever report. I've gone in a verified the database, republished, refreshed the repository, verified db password, etc. Still no luck. Any suggestions?

Error in File C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Data\vin-law2.pageserver\vin-law2.pageserver\child.43\temp\procReportTemp\mgrTemp\ps_1cf45698ce1f6c1.rpt: Unknown Database Connector Error

Thanks,

Diana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The connection is not working fine.

If you have created the reports from universe designer, i would suggest you to go and import the universe and then in the file-->parameters, edit the connection till the finish. This would reset the connection .

If this does not work then recreate the connection.

You can do the same ( reset/ recreate the connection) for any kind of connection.

-Shreyash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you gotten a reply/solution to your problem? I have just the opposite issue. My reports run in the CMC but I get the 'Unkown Database connection error" in the Developer. If I first run the another report in CMC that accesses the database the Devloper works fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diana,

as you refer to the CMC as part of the BOE admin tools I recommend to post this query to the [BusinessObjects Enterprise Administration|; forum.

This forum is dedicated to topics related to administration and configuration of BusinessObjects Enterprise, BusinessObjects Edge, and Crystal Reports Server.

It is monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there.

Also, all BOE Administration queries remain in one place and thus can be easily searched in one place.

Best regards,

Falk