cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Dim Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

All -

I have 2 servers (1 DB, 1 App) for BPC 5.0. When I try to run the "MakeDim" admin task I receive the below error.

Could not load file or assembly 'OSoftDatabaseSYSADMINDM, Version=5.0.0.427, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bf6c37fa78f5a648' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Has anyone experienced this error before?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Do you have the the guide how to use BPC tasks with SSIS packages?

It seems you tried to run that task from SSIS without following all the instructions from that guide.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorin,

We have followed the same process as we did in development, where it worked correctly though we had only 1 server in Dev and 32Bit sql server

Production has 2 servers (app and db) with 64Bit sql server (Don't know if BPC 5.0 supports 64Bit Sql Server).

I'm trying to run my nightly packages from "DB Server", which calls Packages which exists on App server via network share.

Here is what I do to register the DLL's -

I copied the 11 dlls that were listed in the master install to the correct path on the SQL Server (Database server) - D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server (x86)\90\DTS\Tasks

I then tried to execute the osoftsetup.exe on the same server (Database Server). It runs through the entire process and then fails when trying to register the com+ components. I tried to manually load the components using Administrative Tools > Component Services as well and I get what seems to be a permission issue still (the error is error 1928 "Error registering COM+ application" u2013 which can be seen on the serveru2019s event log)

So, obviously only the BPC custom tasks do not work correctly (eg. in my case "admintask"), meanwhile the regular sql server tasks work correctly.