cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects Client installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I need help in installing the Business Objects Client installation. We have Business Objects XI Release 2. I have 3 CDs (CD1, CD2, CD3) to install. When I insert the CD1, I don't see any setup.exe. When I read the install.pdf, it says the following:

To install the client tools

1. Unless Autoplay is enabled for your CD-ROM drive, run setup.exe from

the win32 directory of your product distribution

Can anyone help me install the client? Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Uma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

Please read the following thread regarding Bo Client installation [;

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Thanks for your immediate response. I saw the link you had attached. But it didn't give much details about the client installation using the installation CDs. In some CDs we would have setup.exe so that we could execute that. But here there is a setup folder, but there is no .exe file or anyother executable I am aware of.

Thanks,

Uma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uma,

Do you see a BusinessObjects.msi file?

If not, then could it be that the CDs are not numbered properly?

Are these original Business Objects shipped by Business Objects? You can always download the software from the ESD site, so if you contact your business Objects sales rep to get an ESD account.

Hope this helps.

Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

This is the link for ESD site:

[https://businessobjects.subscribenet.com/control/bobj/login]

or

Try with this for new link for software downloads:

[Service.sap.com]

Click on SAP Support Portal -> Software downloads

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta and Kashif,

Thanks for letting me know about the ESD site and sending me the link. I will try using the link and let you know if it was successful. Thanks again.

Regards,

Uma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

I talked to Business Objects Support regarding the ESD login. In the mean time I also brwsed the other CDs I had for Business Objects and found the correct CDs to use for client installatrion. Now I installed the client tools. Thanks for your help.....

Regards,

Uma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kashif,

Thanks to you too. I found the correct CDs and successfully installed the Client tools.

Regards,

Uma.