cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generating a document that will not show on the tax report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

I have an interesting situation involving the Tax report and the GL. My client had a AR down payment invoice that was entered in error and they made a credit note to cancel it and re enter the invoice correctly. Now when you look at the BP balance everything is correct however when you look at the tax report their is an extra credit because the Credit Note appears but the AR down payment invoice does not.

Ultimately my questions are how do I make an entry to correct the tax report and for the future how do I correct a down payment document without hosing the Tax report?

Thank you for your consideration,

John-Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi John-Michael,

when you create a DT invoice with the appropriate tax code, this document will appear in the tax report. When using the copy-to functionality in the DT invoice to create the credit memo, it will draw all data including the tax to that document. In the tax report these 2 transactions then cancel each other out.

To correct the entry in your db I would hence recommend to reverse the credit memo with an appropriate invoice & then use the DT invoice as base document for the correct CM.

All the best,

Kerstin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this thread for your reference:

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gordon,

I appreciate the response, unfortunately that thread deals with an AR date mismatch not a Tax mis-match. In this case since an AR down payment invoice is not considered for the tax report but a credit note is I am left with an excess credit in the tax report but a reconciled BP Balance.. ie the gL is good.

-Regards,

John-Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this thread, it has more similarities:

You need to compare what are the differences and dealing with them accordingly. You are the best doctor for your own system.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gordon,

Thank you again, Unfortunately this is not a GL posting issue. I need a method for posting documents with control over how they appear on the tax report since Down payment documents do not appear on said report and their CN's while correct in the GL are showing up on the tax reports.

Best regards,

John-Michael