cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differing profit centers in material for settlement and sales order items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

my background is from the SD/LO-Side, so I seek help regarding a FI/CO related question:

Scenario: We use different types of rebate/bonus agreements (with customers/agents/..) and are right now implementing a solution, which will bring differing profit centers to one sales order (before all profit centers have been aligned to the header division).

This leads to a problem regarding profit center postings, as the material for settlement includes only one profit center but the corresponding sales order items might have had different profit centers. So not only the accruals are posted to wrong profit centers, but also the sales are posted to one, but the settlements for customers/agents and the final credit note for an agreement is posted to another. All in all we think we would end up with differences in CO.

Unfortunately there is no way to group those materials via product hierarchy or another grouping field (and assign different materials for settlements for the condition records). The only solution would be to create agreements with condition records for each and every material number - which is no option regarding the effort.

Does anyone had a similar problem or knows other alternatives. The optimum would be a solution, where the credit note would be posted to profit centers exactly as in the sales order items, not only to the one profit center derived from the material for rebate settlement.

We thought about:

- correcting the profit center postings in CO afterwards (do not know the effort)

- creating a new access sequence in the rebate agreements including the profit center, to be able to have one material for settlement and corresponding profit center per condition record (I would not prefer that)

Thanks in advance,

André

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you feel creating agreements for every material is laborious (if done manually), can a program (BDC) be developed so that the user can easily create the agreements for different materials?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

thanks for giving a hint. I would consider that as difficult - it is an option for me indeed, as a consultant, but I wonder if it can be handled by the business users in the end on a regular (yearly) basis. In addition these records/agreements would need constant adminitration, as new materials are opened - as would the BDCs. The experience with user here was to keep it as simple as possible (as always maybe).

From your answer and the lack of other answers I assume that everybody has/would stick to the standard here and solve this through configuring the condition records appropriate. Therefore I will try to add new access sequences or try to stick to the product hierarchy somehow to be able to put in different materials for settlement.

To sum it up in one sentence: If you want to determine the profit center product oriented in the sales order you need to maintain dependent data also on a product oriented level.

I still appreciate comments.

Regards,

André

Answers (0)