Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Number Format Changes Without Prompting

I am creating a Crystal Report in XI that uses invoice number as the sole search parameter. Although nothing in the report seems to indicate comma separator, if I refresh my search criteria a comma as a thousands separator has been automatically inserted even though that is not what I entered.

Details:

The number report format (for the entire report and the Invoice Number field specifically) is -1123 so there is NO thousand separator. Browsing the data of the Invoice Number indicates that it is a number and that there are no thousand separators.

I created the following Invoice Number parameter:

Type: Number

List of Values: Static (since we have more invoice numbers than can appear on a static list)

Value Field: Invoice_Number

Description Field: None (changing this to Invoice_Number does has the same results)

Prompt Text: Enter Invoice Number:

Prompt With Description Only: False

Default Value: blank

Allow custom values: True

Allow multiple values: True

Allow discrete values: True

Allow range values: False

Min Value: blank

Max Value: blank

I used the parameter as my sole search criteria. In the "Enter Invoice Number" box, I enter my invoice number (i.e. 12345) and click the right arrow to push the typed number into the "Selected Values" box. It appears in the "Selected Values" box as 12345. I continue entering invoice numbers and then click "OK". No results appear. When I refresh my parameters and select "Prompt for new parameter values", the invoice number (in both the "Enter Invoice Number" and "Selected Values" boxes has a thousands separator.

FYI: If I try to use Dynamic values, it appears to give me all numbers from 2 to 1,000 even though my invoice numbers skip (i.e. 30, 45, 75, 90, . . . 1010, 1045, 1060, etc.) I have verified multiple times that I am using the correct table (BILL_Invoice) and the correct field (Invoice_Number).

Why? Please advise how to stop it from inserting the thousand separator comma because it is dramatically and negatively affecting my results.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question