Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Cost Element with Account Assignment

former_member607089
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have a problem, perhaps you could help me.

We have created a G/L Account as a Cost Element, and we would like to delete it. The problem is the nest: It has an Account Assingment, only one and ist not valid, but using KA04 is not possible because SAO said that exist a register in COEP table that blocks the delete.

Is ist really dangerous delete this register fron table? This register was created accidentally as a test by key user.

Is it possibly to delete this Cost Element?

Thanks in advace.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member505783
Participant
0 Kudos

I think that is easy way to 1. delete account assigment in KA02 or OKB9 and 2. Delete cost element.

former_member607089
Participant
0 Kudos

It is not possible to delete using KA02 or KA04, because i get next message:

- Is not possible to delete, there are depending registers in table COEP.

There is only one, my question is, Can I delete this register and having no problem?

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

If you really do not wish postings from this GL to update your CO then you should delete the entry in COEP.

This will mean you are deleting the CO line item for this posting.

However typically there are other table entries, such as the control record in COKA, which will also have to be deleted.

Note 551506 is the FAQ note for CO, below is an extract of one of the points:

===================================

Question: What must I do to delete master data, for which transaction data already exists?

Answer: Changes to the order criteria of the master data in Overhead Cost Controlling can either only be deleted on specific key dates (see Note 62716) or after you delete all existing transaction data for this master record. To do this, it is necessary to use the 'Trash can' pushbutton to delete for the manually planned values, setting to zero alone does not suffice. Even if you deleted all transaction data, the tax rates for the master data remain in individual cases. To delete these tax rates, there are various reports: for COKA rates of RKPLNC18 (LC 51513) and for CSSL rates of RKPLNC29 (LC 129584).

====================================

The following programs are also available to remove plan, actuals:

RKACOR20 Correction Program: Delete CO Documents With Origin in External Acctg.

RKCORR12 Correction Program: Delete Unnecessary COBK_INDX Entries

RKPLNC18 Delete COKA Entries for Cost Center and Cost Center/Activity Type

RKPLNC25 Delete COKA entries for one cost element

RKPLNC31 Delete COSL record without COKL

RKPLNC39 Delete COKP records without COKA

RKPLNC41 Delete COSS with Business Transaction RKPL if no COKL Record Exists

Hope this helps. Elaine

former_member607089
Participant
0 Kudos

Problem solved.

Thank's a lot.