cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current version vs. All version in doc data in material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We create DIR's and attach these to the material master using object links. When I check the material master ( MM03) -document data tab it brings a listing of all the DIR's linked to that material .

In this case there are around 11 DIR's attched to the Material master. However only the all versions tab shows the complete listing of all the 11 DIR's linked. When I check the current version tab only 6 of the Dir's show up.

I checked the DIR's to make sure all of them have the material master in the object links. Any explanation for this ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

mainly the first reply is correct. The 'current version' setting is like a filter. In case the radio button is set to 'Current Version' only the highest version of a document number is displayed.

The system logic depends on different circumstances and is like:

- no version is released:

In this case the highest document version is displayed.

- a version is in released status:

Then this version is displayed as the current one. Even if there are higher version numbers.

I hope this information could be useful for you. If yes please donate some points.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses Manoj and Chris. In my case there are 11 DIR's attached to the material. Only the latest versions are attached to the material master.The first DIR has a change to it on sept 3rd 2008. The second DIR has a change to it on feb 3rd 20078. Yet when I click on the current version only the second DIR shows up in the current version listing.

Does this have anything to do with the status of the DIR? We currently do not have statuses associated with the DIR's. I still cannot explain/understand the difference.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Sarita,

regarding your question please tell us if the two DIRs have the same document number?

If the document number is different then the display behavior is correct. If not please provide us also information about your release, because there are a few SAP notes for such issues too.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris, both DIR' have different doc numbers. In fact all of the 11 DIR's have different numbers. Of the 11Dir's attached to the material 7 show on the current version and all 11 show on the all version. I cannot explain the logic as to why they appear where they do.

We are currently on 4.7 version.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to be sure the display behavior is correct please check if the notes 847511 and 775515 are implemented correctly.

But in case the linked document have different document numbers I think the display is ok. Are the displayed versions the highest ones for the related document number? If yes, the display is correct.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris, I wiil check on those notes. All DIR's attached to the material are the latest version, therefore all of the 11 DIR's should show on the current version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note 847511 fixed this issue for me.Thanks Chris.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Latest Documents created in DMS will be shown under current version, while overall versions created will be shown under all versions.

whenver any document is created,it moves on to current version list while other documents created before will be shown visible under all versions.

due to this all your DIRs are not visible under current version.

Thank You,

Manoj