Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Time in text field

Hi!

I have a call start time field in MySQL. The field type in the database is text. When I browse the data in Access I can see that each record has a valid time in 24hr time format (ex. 13:01:00). The field type in Access shows up as text. When I use this field in Crystal, it shows up as a Time data type. I guess because Crystal is smart enough to look at the data and determine it's all formatted like time data. The problem is that when I display this field on my report, it shows up as 12:00AM or 0:00:00 depending on which format I pick. All the records show up this way even though I have verified each record has a valid time.

Is there anyway I can have Crystal see the data as Text and not try to convert it to Time? At least if it's Text, I can see what the times really are and then use a formula to convert it to Time if want to.

PS: If I make an ODBC link in Access to the database and then reference the table via an Access connection in Crystal, I can see the times and Crystal shows they are a Text field. I really don't want to go through Access for this particular report if I can avoid it. I'm sure it will slow things down considerably by making a passthrough connection via Access. I've done that in the past but this table has quite a bit of data.

I'm using Crystal XIr2.

Thanks!

Cyndi

replied

ctime(13,01,00) = 1:00:00PM

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question