cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item category for pricing only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gurus,

I am looking for an item category where the material that we enter as a line item on the sales order is only valid for pricing. We do not want to create a delivery for the material or perform an availability check on that material at the line item level.

For instance,

Material 8000380 is the top level assembly and this is the shippable product to a customer. We would like to add on a custom packaging 6007122. We were thinking that we would create a new material for this, assign a cost and let PR00 allow us to specify the price on the sales order.

Do you gentlemen recommend an approach for this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Try not checking the Schedule lines allowed field in VOV7 for the item catg. This wil not create delivery for the item.

Then check the billing & pricing relevance fields. This will make the item relevant for pricing.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Hrishi,

the reason why we want this is that we didn't want to set up variant configuration. IT was decided that we would not use variant configuration since the majority of the options are controlled by our subcontractor.

Since we are not shipping those components to the supplier, we had to have a way of telling the subcontract supplier which materials to put on the finished good. in the case of the packaging, the customer requested special packaging in which case it was decided that we would filfull that request.

Since the supplier isn't charging us anymore for the product, it is already included in the transfer price, but it costs us more money to sell it with the custom packaging, we wanted a way to price it differently on the sales order.

Since we never own the stock for this packaging, we can't really create a delivery against it since it comes with the finished good from the supplier. So we thought that we would create a different material that would represent the packaging and price it on the sales order so that we could recognize the cost and price on the sales order.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nina,

just go to the customization (IMG), search your item category,

make the following changes:.......

A): Make it relevant for price

i.e. now PR00 will be activated for this as the requirement is ok

B): make the indicator on for" schedule line not allowed"

this way there will not be any availability check and no physical delivey

C): mark it for relevant for delivery

i.e. the item will be copied from the order to delivery as a text item and not as for physical delivery.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nina,

You can look into the TAX or TAW item category.

If you don't want this to be included in the delivery you can configure it at item category level as explained by Hrishi.

It depends on whether this packaging material is billable or not. If billable with out delivery this item would become an order related billable item, then you need to make sure that you will get a single invoice for the entire order.

So select the right method based on the invoicing requirements for the item.

Let me know if you have any more issues.

Regards,

Aj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If my understanding is right, then

go to VOV7 > deactivate "schedule line allowed" field

then deactivate "item relevant for delivery" field

then put "X" in pricing field.

Above steps will fulfill your requirement.

But, I am not able to understand why you want such configuration. Kindly throw some more light into the business scenario.

Hrishi