cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware keys do not match!

Former Member
0 Kudos

After a recent install of SAP B1 2007 A SP:00 PL:30 I have noticed that the hardware key listed in the service manager does not match the hardware key in the Business One application (listed under help > about). Because of this issue, I had to import a license file into the service manager with matching hardware keys, and import a difference license file into the application under Admin > Licenses with a hardware key matching the information given under help > about. I have never encountered this issue before and I am having trouble locating any notes on it. Has anybody else ever encountered this issue? How did it happen and how can I fix it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do not get any other error message regarding you license, it should be fine. It is probably a small bug that only SAP can fix it.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not getting any further error messages, however the only downside to this fix is that it uses two licenses instead of one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean you have to pay for two licenses for one user? In that case, log to SAP ASAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is occurring on the computer of an employee within our consulting firm. Therefore, we are not paying extra for the second license, however we are still using 2 of the professional licenses we have available under our contractual agreement for one system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I log to SAP ASAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ASAP is as soon as possible. There are threads in this forum discuss this topic, search to find them. If you are still unable to find, let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay. Thank you!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member708266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

A note 793649 for your reference.

Symptom

What affects the Hardware Key?

Other terms

License, Hardware Key

Reason and Prerequisites

FAQ.

Solution

The following actions will change the Hardware Key:

1. Formatting the machine and reinstalling Windows.

2. When changing the computer name.

3. When changing the domain (it will not change back when returning to

the previous domain).

4. On Linux - If you change the network card.

The following actions will NOT change the Hardware Key:

1. When adding a login user for the computer.

2. When changing date/time on the computer.

3. When changing the IP.

4. When adding a memory or hard drive to the computer.

If you encounter any other scenario that changes the hardware key,

please contact the Support Center.

Regards

Apple

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apple, I am already aware of the note, but thank you still.