Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Custom DataSource in NWCE 7.1

Hi CE 7.1 users,

In NWCE 7.1 i created a new custom DataSource (e.g. TESTDB) and registered an alias which is used in the persistence.xml file of the entity beans (EJB 3). Directly after registering the DataSource NWA displays it as "Fully available", although it can't be found when the EJB project is deployed. After restarting NWCE the DataSource appears in the status "Not Available".

I'me using MaxDB and configured the Connection with the following parameters:

SQL Engine: Vendor SQL (also tried the other with the same result)

Isolation Level: Default

Driver Class Name: com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB

Database URL: jdbc:sapdb://dev005/CE1

User Name: myuser

Password: mypassword

For "Driver Name" I tried the SYSTEM_DRIVER and a driver which I manually created. In a JDBC test application the connection works with the same driver, URL, user and password.

When i looked at the log files I found some info messages in server_00.log which look quite strange:

BcaClassFinder.addResources Can not open zip fileC:\usr\sap\CE1\J00\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\deploy\work\deploying\TESTDB.xml.sda1223997783509\META-INF\sda-dd.xml it is not a valid zip archive

This message is followed by several other files which should be in the same .zip file. The specified zip file doesn't exist in the file system.

It would be great if somebody could give me a hint where to look for the problem...

Thanks & Regards,

Tarik

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question