cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Excel exporting features display question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My company is using Crystal Reports XI and we're having an issue where we can't control the column width and remove page breaks as we could in Crystal Reports 9 when exporting to Excel. Is there a way to display these same features in Crystal Reports XI when exporting to Excel format?

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

If you are selecting Excel(97-2000) format then Check the option as "Column width based on objects in the" and uncheck the option "Create page breaks for each page" as per your requirement.

Hope it will help you.

Regards

Asha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asha,

Thanks for your reply. I see the options you mentioned in Crystal Reports 9 but not XI. The only option I get when I attempt to export Excel 97-2000(XLS) Crystal Reports XI is to select the page range. I was wondering if there is a way to get the other options you mentioned to show as well.

Regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

The particular option is available in Crysta Report XI R2 designer.The version of the application is 11.5.8.826.

Regards

Asha.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- Goto File > Export > Export report

- Format : Microsoft Excel 97-2000(XLS) and Destination: Application / Disk File > Click OK

- Then Excel Format Options windows comes:

Select the option 'Coulmn width based on objects in the' -> Select the options from drop down menu.

&

Check the option 'Create page breaksfor each page' > click OK.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Deepti Bajpai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepti thanks for your response, Sorry maybe I should have specified a little clearer which version of Crystal Reports XI my company is running. My company is running Crystal Reports XI server powered by Business Objects. So when I run a Crystal Report I only see an Icon for Exporting and Printing. I don't see a place for

"* File > Export > Export report

• Format : Microsoft Excel 97-2000(XLS) and Destination: Application / Disk File > Click OK

• Then Excel Format Options windows comes:"

I only see an icon for export and print.

What happens when I click the export icon is it will allow me to chose which format I want (i.e. Microsoft Excel 97-2000(XLS)) then from there I can only choose the page range.