Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversing a document for FI Posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I need your help!

What is the process to reverse the FI posting for one employee when their payroll check has been reversed on the payroll side?

Let me give an example:

We have an employee who has a check created via a production payroll run. For what ever reasons, we need to reverse this check. We do that in payroll however the FI posting has already gone to FI. How do we reverse just that one employee out of the batch posting that went to FI?

From what I've read, it seems we have to reverse the whole thing and then repost. Is this the only way? What are some of you others doing?

Please help since this is a big issue for us!

Thanks,

Suparna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check with the tcode FB08

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sikindar.

My FI people are telling me that this tcode is only for FI generated docs not ones that originated from Payroll.

Is there not any way at all to reverse (void) one employee from a large group that we have already posted to FI?

I find it interesting that we have to reverse the entire batch.

Thanks,

Suparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

Did your FI team try these t-codes FBL3N, FS10N?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Payroll people will have to go to the OFFcycle workbench ( PUOC_XX) and reverse the paycheck. Then you can create a posting run and execute posting just for this one employee.

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check below link (SAP Library) for reversing payroll result through OFFcycle workbench.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/44/f0c53405e41229e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm (Off-Cycle Activities - >Off-Cycle Workbench->Reversing Payroll Results)

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

GRM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suparna

Actually the reversal posting is job of FI people. Please speak to FI people.

There is no need to do reverse posting for all people. Genrally each employee will be configured as a single vendor each in FI.

when you post the salary detailsy based on symbolic accounts and G/L accounts it will get posted in to particaular vendor accounts.

When they do reverse posting they will reverse the particular verndor account only. not all employee.

In fact we have done this kind of reverse posting out FI consultant only deal with this we have done only posting from our side.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't recommend to reverse payroll results from FICO. By doing this the expenses and the liabilities from payroll will not reconcile with accounting balances.

For example a garnishment will still show as deducted in payroll but it will be reversed on accounting.

The correct way of reversing a payroll posting is via payroll reversal.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

Your comment below is exactly what my FI people said. Here is what I am having a hard time understanding:

A check is created during production payroll and then posted to FI as a big batch of employee postings. Not individually.

Let's say for whatever reasons one of those employee's checks is to be voided, I realize that Payroll will have to do the reversal on payroll side.

From how I understand this, the reversal will take care of 'balancing' from a payroll stand point but still won't account for the FI side. We have a report that is helping to reconcile payroll results to the GL and if the check is voided in Payroll but not FI, then it won't be a valid report.

I know you can do a reverse entry to FI on an off-cycle check because the document only has one employee within it.

How do I do it if there are multiple employees within the posting document? How do I reverse the dollars going to the GL for just one employee even though he was within a larger batch?

Thanks,

Suparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

Chris has given one option which is correct if you want to reverse the document with the immediate effect after reversing the check.

If you dont do this system automatically reverses the posting docuement in the next pay period for that EE.

But if the EE is terminated then you will have to use the process model to reverse the posting document.

Arti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arti,

Could you please expand on your answer....

You said if I do nothing the system will automatically reverse the it the next time the payroll runs for that person and we post again to FI. Is that really true? The reason I ask is because if it is, then FI wouldn't be yelling at us for missing dollars. Is there a setting we don't have in place to make it happen?

Please help me understand this process.

Thanks,

Suparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

This is all standard functionality and everything happens on HCM Side. You dont need to do anything on FI Side.

Just reverse your check (doesnt matter even if he is in a batch of 5000 EE's). Create process model for posting your reversal. Understand the effect of reversals. It reverses the /559 with /571. You can try in your QE system. Reverse the check and go to PCP0 and find the net pay G/L account and the same EE within in it. You will see the reverse sign.

When you use process model in PUOCBA you actually do it for that PERNR not all the PERNR within that posting document.

If you are not able to use process model just wait until next payroll, system will automatically post REVERSAL for that EE to FI/CO. You dont have to do additional config for this process.

As far as I know, FI never reverses the posting document...C'mon guys...HCM produces the result and why will FI reverse???? You will be out of sync that way...Keep both modules in sync.

Try this now.

I hope this helps.

Arti