cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to delimit an insurance plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I currently need to delimit a life insurance plan that is no longer in use. I am in the "Define Insurance Plan General Data" section of SPRO. When I choose the plan, and then the delimit button, a screen pops up asking for a date. But what happens with this date is that it becomes the start date of a new date range (i.e 10/01/2008-12/31/9999) for the plan, as if I made a change to the plan. This is not what I want. What am I doing wrong? Is there a more appropriate way to do this? Please advise. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't use a plan anymore you can delimit the plan and then change the plan status to "closed".

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying to my post...however, it is the delimit portion I am struggling with. When I choose the date that I want the plan delimited for, it's saved as a date range instead.

The plan has been closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's showing a date range because going forward your plan is closed.

For example:

From your Beg date thru 10/13/2008 your plan is open and then

as of 10/14/2008 thru 12/31/9999 you still have the plan but the status is now closed.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris- when explained like that, it makes sense. It just will not be apparent when first getting into that insurance plan table that the plan is delimited/closed unless someone goes directly into the record.

Would the plan not be available in the benefits enrollment screen because it's closed and delimited? Thanks for all your help!