cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization in CE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm developing a WD app that should hide one tab if the user don't have an specific authorization, in the previous version i was able to handle this with the actions, but the process in the other version had one step that I should open the Visual Administrator, as the CE doesn't have it anymore, probably there is a new way to do it, has any one done this check?

So what I need is a way to check if the person has the authorization to approve, if it is true I should show to him an extra tab in the screen.

Any tutorial or anything that could help me?

Thanks and regards,

Eduardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if my answer is going to remotely assist you, but yet couldnt stop asking.

In CE visual admin has been replaced by NWA. Did you check if the VA config which was there in 2004s is available through NWA?

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GLM,

I also believe that there is a place there to setup this but I didn't find out yet where it is, first i was wondering if this is the right way to do it? If still the same way to do it in this new version of CE?

Thanks and Regards,

Eduardo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following PDF:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/205afcd0-3d40-2b10-fc91-b6bde330...

As per my understanding from the following PDF,It is suggesting to put the Authorizations in Action.xml file in the CAF layer on Operations.

After that i think You can Expose the CAF application as Webservice and consume it in Your WD application.

I am not very sure about whether this can be Configured in NWA or through some other way.

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Sorry for taking so long.

What I need is a hide and show a tab control and not access or not a service, so it doesn't matter if I'm going to access a WS or RFC what I need is a layout rule, any idea?

Thanks and regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Used UME API to check the rules that the user have.

Regards,

Eduardo