cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying VS 2005 Applications with Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using VS 2005 with Crystal Reports bundled, I created a web site that uses Crystal Reports. On my own web server (which I have total control over), I can deploy it using CR merged modules and everything is fine. Ultimately, however, my website is going to be hosted by another company and I am not sure if they are going to be willing to run the setup file that loads the Crystal Report dependencies (like I was able to do on my own web sever). So my question is this, is it possible to upload a website to a host provider and have CR reports work without having the host provider run a CR setup program? If this is not possible, do you know of any host providers that support CR?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Crystal Report .NET runtime files will need to be deployed to the eventual web host. If your web host won't run the CR.NET deployment package then your Crystal application won't run.

I know there are web hosts that support deploying Crystal Reports runtime packages, but I don't have any specific names to give you. You can probably Google for some options.

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher

Answers (0)