Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many sessions does SAP allow you to have ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Memebers,

How many sessions does SAP allow you to have ??

a) 3

b) 6

c) 9

d) 12.

I guess the right answer is B and C but in choices I have to select only 1, which answer will you pick and Why ??

Thank You.

Madhu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It all depends on how the logon has been configured.

If you have a single logon then the maximum number of sessions in a normal situation is 6.

If you have multiple logons for a system then it can be any number. If you logon twice you can open 12 sessions and if you logon 3 times you can open 18 sessions and so on.

Regards,

Pramod

19 REPLIES 19

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is determined by parameter rdisp/max_alt_modes you can check the same in tcode rz11.

In ecc 6.0

Minimum 2

Maximum 16

Default Value is 6 , this changes by version so it may vary pls check in your system if you are using a different version.

Edited by: karthik arunachalam on Oct 14, 2008 9:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi madhu,

did you took up the SAP certification? or just checking? hehehehe... actually its 6 session per client.

cheers!

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It all depends on how the logon has been configured.

If you have a single logon then the maximum number of sessions in a normal situation is 6.

If you have multiple logons for a system then it can be any number. If you logon twice you can open 12 sessions and if you logon 3 times you can open 18 sessions and so on.

Regards,

Pramod

0 Kudos

Thank You All,

I am looking at certification exam and Right answer is 9.

I know that number of sessions can be customized from 2 - 9.

But in given situation, What should I choice ?? I know answer can be 3, 6 or 9 and question did not said default number of session.

Thank You once again, I am allotting points for your inputs.

Madhu

0 Kudos

>

I am looking at certification exam and Right answer is 9.

you'll fail at the exam...

0 Kudos

Eric,

Thank you for your reply. What is your pick ??

Regards

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Dear Eric,

You have neither answered my question nor picked your choice of answer. You simple commented on someone's ability this is not a nice attitude from a senior SDN member like you.

Please see the question, It did not say default number of sessions. I got the question from SAP R/3 Practice exam Application and when I look at the answers section. it mentioned 9 as Answer. I wanted to know for sure what is the answer.

Please change your attitude towards fellow members while answering.

Thank U.

Madhu

0 Kudos

hi Madhu,

first of all I apologize for my rudeness. Most of the time I am quite helpful, but sometimes I just have enough. Anyway I am sorry again...

However you have to undertand the followings:

-Interview questions are NOT welcome on SDN (it is clearly described in the rules)

-You have to use the search before asking any question. I am sure the answer is written down somewhere already and you can get it with the help of Google (if SDN search does not help)

-Your question is also offtopic here, I think it fits better to a Basis related Forum

At last I wish you all the best to the certification exam (however it is not the certification which will make you a SAP expert, but that is another story...)

regards

ec

0 Kudos

Cannot see any rudeness in this thread...the initial post clearly looked like just another interview-type question, so I am actually surprised that it is still visible at all...

Thomas

0 Kudos
Eric, 

Thank you for your reply. What is your pick ??

That was your yesterday's reply.

What happened to you in last night?and today you land with so aggressively!!

i think results has been declared and you passed the exam and now you inforce him to take his words back

Cheers

0 Kudos

Thomas, JB also answered . he is just waiting for the Reply from the poster. thread is already in observation i guess.

e) can be anything. so anything can happen to this thread at any time.

0 Kudos

> I wanted to know for sure what is the answer.

Hi Madhu,

If you are going to ask questions such as these, then please indicate that you have searched and what you do already know and where & why you have a doubt somewhere which is worth discussing in the forum or sharing opinions or experiences on.

Just asking for the answer only so that you don't feel too alone when answering 6 in the interview is of little value.

Normally such "answer a, b, c, or d only or be quiet"-type-threads (like certification tests are) are deleted. That is the rules, and we have them for a reason.

Anyway, you guys seem to have sorted this out amongst yourselves so there is no reason to interfere here IMO. Thanks for that.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Eric And Others,

Thank you for your replies. I am closing this thread.

Amit, I was just giving time for Eric to pick his answer.

Eric, Thank you for your positive reply today.

Regards

madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Every system I've ever seen had a default of 6. 46C maxxed at 6, 6.0 allows upto 16. No idea where they could get 9 from.

Former Member
0 Kudos

e) It depends... is the correct answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

its 9

but by default basis function set as 6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The no. of external sessions per user is six.An external session is manually created by the user with the System-->create Session.

Internal Sessions indicates the no. of internal sessions that are automatically created by the system when navigating through transactions.Internal sessions are like navigation levels when performing system functions.

The maximum number of internal sessions is set to nine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

maximum of 6 sessions can be created.. in SAP

Regards,

Thiru. R