Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

planing a kmat material

HI

mine is a make to order strategy.with configurable materials.

how do i plan these materials.

I am trying to perform ltp for a Kmat materials. it says no planing profile maintained for this material.

I am not able to maintain pir for Kmat too.

how do i plan these materials.

replied

Deepu,

One cannot enter demand plan (PIR) for configurable material because all components of Finished product are supposed to be variable.If you need PIR it is better to use Planning strategy 65 "Planning with planning material. This PS supports PIR for configurable materials.

It works as below :-

Suppose Mat A is a configurable material - use PS =65 in MRP view

Next create planning material B - use PS = 65 in it's material as well

Now Config Mat A will have all the components of Super BOM.

But Planning mat B will have only those fixed components that need to be planned in advance. It is assumed these components are fixed & required for any variation of the configurable mat A

Next Enter PIR for PM B in MD61

With this planning all fixed components of Config Mat A are planned in advance with the variable components are planned only after they are selected as required components of Config Mat A in Sale order.

Next the incomming Sale order for Mat A will consume demand (PIR) entered for PM B.

Also if you still need to plan even the Variable components of Config Mat then define PS =70 for those components. However you have to enter PIR for these components individually in MD61 as against entering PIR for Planning Material B

Hope this helps. Else please come back.

Thanks,

Ram

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question