cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AddOn-Installer: Get the ID or SDK-Object of the user who makes install.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does anybody know, if it's possible to get information about the user who is installing/updating an AddOn inside an AddOn-Installer-code like

..\SAP Business One SDK\Samples\COM UI
VB.NET\14.AddOnInstaller

The AddOnInstallAPI.dll seems not to offer a function to realise that.

And the command-line params of an AddOn Installer do not allow a single sign on.

I would like to start another program when the AddOn installation has ended, but only if the user is a superuser.

Is there a way or alternative?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Gianluigi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Couldnt you just add the execution of your program in the setup itself ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gianluigi Bagnoli,

if you mean the AddOnInstaller when saying "setup":

That's what I do now. But as far as I know inside an AddOnInstaller I only have access to the AddOnInstallAPI.dll.

But there's no object which could return information about the connection to SBO or the possibility to access to BusinessObjects or the actual logged on user-ID.

This is what I need:

1. A user at our customer installs a new or update of our AddOn (*.ard, *Installer.exe)

2. At the end of installation before the Installer.exe exits it should start the program (or code in the installer.exe itself) ONLY if the user who is logged on B1 is a superuser.

At the moment the problem is that every user on every machine at our customer gets the screen of the started program (or additional code in Installer), when a new AddOn is installed.

Another solution that would help me:

Can I detect the "First Install" of an AddOn-Version?

What I mean is: When an AddOn is installed/upgraded for the first time (new version number), then the AddOn.exe is transfered to the B1-Server from where it's installed later on all the other client-machines.

That's also the moment where I could start my program.

But NOT when normal users get the commonly installed AddOn from B1-Server to update their client-machine.

Edited by: Roland Toschek on Oct 17, 2008 11:53 AM

Gianluigi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Mh. I am not sure you can do that. Maybe you may try to get a connection to the executing B1 and get the user out of the Application object.

Answers (0)