cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WAS 6.4 Software

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any Training addition of SAP WAS 6.4 and SAP NetWeaver software. so that one can install and practise on it.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amara,

have a look to the downloads section of SDN. There you find:

"SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 SP4 NetWeaver Stack 2 Developer Workplace Sneak Preview"

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have downloaded and installed the SAP WAS 6.4 Software, but I have not been able to find documentation on what is required and how to logon. Can some point me in the right directions.

Thanks,

Ann

bastephens2@yahoo.com

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ann,

logon at http://your.host.name/irj with Username Administrator and the password you've set during the installation.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed WAS 6.40/Java Sneak Preview. As there is no ABAP implied I wonder how to use SAP modules (HR, TM) by this installation.

Do I need other SAP software - ie. the Mini-WAS 6.20 - to access SAP via the WAS 6.40 delivered by ths SAP shop?

The installer told me that it installed a 'SAP System' but I have not found out yet what it is?

Thanks.

Gregor

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor ,

for the SAP R/3 Modules HR (Human Resources) and TM (What is that?) you need a SAP R/3 Server. For example an IDES System. To get this you have to ask your Basis administrators.

The WAS 6.40/Java Sneak Preview is just the Java stack of Netweaver '04. With that you can develop Web Dynpro application. They can talk via RFC to backend R/3 systems. This you can also simulate with a MiniWAS 6.20 System. But you only have a Basis System with the MiniWAS. No applications.

You have installed a Java SAP System.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have recently learned that there is a WAS 6.40 test drive for linux that include both ABAP and J2EE stack.

Nevertheless, thank you very much.

Topics should be marked as 'resolved' when the question is answered. However I found no hint how to do this. The online help contains no entry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

you can't change the state of a question, if you haven't opened it. So, unfortunately, you cannot mark this thread answered or can at least reward points for answers of this thread.

Please read <a href="/people/mark.finnern/blog/2004/08/10/spread-the-love">Mark Finnern's weblog</a> for a quick start.

Regards

Stefan

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor,

I think this thread can't be marked as solved because it's to old. Only new posts started since the start of the Reward Points system can be marked.

Regards

Gregor