Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where are ESS default validationsclass

Private_Member_14913
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In ESS appications where are the validations on the UI fields taking place, for example in address dc ,i am unable to find the validation for required fileds or by selecting the null value in dropdownbyindex showing me errors on the top of screen saying cannot be null so from where these error validations are coming, which class has this logic for validations in ESS.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer,

Most of the validations are coming from the BADI HRPAD00INFTYUI or ....the required fields are maintained in the table T588MFPROPC....

Shikhil

Private_Member_14913
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, how to switchoff the validations of some fields of a particular subtype of an infotype , in other words if city is mandatory field , how to make it not mandatory in subtype W but keep it as mandatory in subtype 1 for the infotye 0006.so how to do this, From webdynpro hiding this field not helping as it throws the error all mandatory fields are required, so how to switch off this mandatory fields in backend for a particular subtype of an infotype.when i tried to see T588MFPROPC with infty 0006 its saying "No table entries found for the specifiedkey"

Thanks,

sameer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer,

So if it says "No Entries found" for infotype 0006 ...then there are no required fields for it .....if you want to ...you can define fields as required for some of the infotypes there....and on the webdynpro you can check the subtype in the wddomodifyview() method in the Detail View -> Implementation tab and set the state property of the input field as NORMAL or REQUIRED...and that would only display/hide a red asterisk along with the field...

Hope this helps.

Shikhil

Private_Member_14913
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shikhil,

Thanks for your reply, For the out of box address(0006 infotype) ess application, the subtypes 1 is permanent address and W is workaddress; here for example the city is a required field in both subtypes as ess addr expects for this as required, but i can create a record in the back end with pa30 for infotype 0006 with subtype W without giving city ,so this is not mandatory for subtype W but if i try from ess addr application its saying city as mandatory and giving me validation error as all required fields are mandatory.so from ess addr application says city is mandatory for both subtypes 1 and W ,but in backend i am able to create a record without giving city for subtype.But from ess addr how to avoid this required validation error which i am getting from backend for subtype w as city is not required.

thanks

sameer.

Edited by: Sameer on Oct 30, 2008 6:25 PM