Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Mobile upgrade package issue

Hi All,

I did BOL changes to Mobile client application. The changes are working fine when tested from MAS.

I need to transport these changes to other mobile clients. I did the following in order to transport the changes:

1. After the changes are done. I released the change list.

2. Created a Mobile upgrade package (using Deploy BOL changes package). The MUP was consistent without any errors.

3. Imported this MUP in another mobile client and the import was successful. No errors reported in the client upgrade log.

4. When I execute the Mobile client application, the changes done are not getting reflected.

Did I miss any step/process? Please help.

Replies will be awarded.

Thanks,

Chan

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello Chan

The chanhe you have done to actdeta2

is a code changes. So Here you do not need to ship the tactedata2.dat file. MSA.dll needs to be shipped in this case.

It seems that you have confused of what to deploy to the mobile clients. I will give a simple solution for that.

Step 0: Do Complete Generation ' Generate All' .(It is an optional step, You can ignore this if you had done it recently)

Step 1 : On your Master Development Workstation ( where the Mobile Application Studio is installed ), invoke the SAP Upgrade Console ( "UpgradeConsole.exe" ).

Step 2 : Click on "New" in the toolbar. This will load the wizard, which shows a set of upgrade units.

Step 3 : Select ( check ) the Upgrade Unit "Deploy UI Changes" and 'Deploy BOL Changes". Then press the 'Next' button in the wizard.

Step 4 : In the next screen, select ( check ) the application and the languages. Then click on the 'Finish' button. The Upgrade Editor will be loaded with an upgrade containing the selections made by you.

Step 5 : Enter a new name for this upgrade ( in the bar on the left hand side ) , and then press the "Create Package" button on the toolbar. This will popup a dialog box telling you that the upgrade package has been created in a specific location.

Step 6 : On this dialog box, click on the "Show Folder" button. This will open a Windows Explorer window at the folder containing the package ( .mup file ) created for your upgrade.

Step 7: Now Copy the MUP to mobile Client machine

Step 8 :Before you deploy the MUP in the mobile client machine,Delete all subkeys present under

<HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\MSA\UPGRADES>

Step 9: Now Double click on MUP file.

Using this way, you deploy entire MSA folder and this will not lead any inconsistencies. WIth this, you don't need to worry about what changes you make in MAS.

Best Regards

Shankar

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question