cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile upgrade package issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I did BOL changes to Mobile client application. The changes are working fine when tested from MAS.

I need to transport these changes to other mobile clients. I did the following in order to transport the changes:

1. After the changes are done. I released the change list.

2. Created a Mobile upgrade package (using Deploy BOL changes package). The MUP was consistent without any errors.

3. Imported this MUP in another mobile client and the import was successful. No errors reported in the client upgrade log.

4. When I execute the Mobile client application, the changes done are not getting reflected.

Did I miss any step/process? Please help.

Replies will be awarded.

Thanks,

Chan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chan

Prior to that, you can check the Date of the files that you shipped to the mobile clients. If the date of the files is not same as in MDW machine, it means MUP does not have latest files

As you have mentioned that you have made some BOL changes. Does it mean that you have made some Modelling changes or code changes?

In case of Code changes:

1. Generate that particular BOL objects in MAS.

2. Build the solution.

3. Now deploy sfabol.dll to the mobile clients.

In case of Modelling changes:

2. Now deploy ARSrep.dat file to the mobile clients.

If you have done both modelling and code changes,

2. Build the solution.

3. Deploy sfabol.dll and ARSrep.dat to the mobile clients.

Please check all the above.

Best Regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

After including sfabol.dll in new unit and importing this in another mobile client the changes are available.

How can I create a package with UI changes? Please let me know what files to include in the package for the changes to be available in other mobile clients?

Thanks,

Chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chan

In case of UI also, you will have two types of changes. Modellig Changes and Code Changes

Code Changes:

1. Generate the particular UI Objects in MAS

2. Build the solution.

3. Deploy MSA.dll to the mobile clients.

Modelling Changes:

1. Generate the particular UI Objects in MAS

2. Deploy the metadata files to the mobile clients,(For example, if you have changed the caption of a control in a tile, metadata file for the tile will be T<<Tilename>>.dat, you will find the UI metadata files in Repos folder).

If you have made simple modelling changes, you can ship the .dat file of that particular UI element. Generally, there are lot of changes which will be cascaded to parent level. for example, if you have chnaged the tile caption, this should be reflected in the tile set. in this case, you have to generate the tileset recursively and deploy the metadata of the tile and tileset.

In your case, if modelling changes are many, I suggest you to do a complete UI generation and deploy the entire Repos folder to the mobile clients.

Both Modelling and Code Changes:

1. Do a complete UI Generation(Right click on Application in the solution explorer, an click on Generate recursively)

2. Deploy MSA.dll and entire repos folder to the mobile clients.

Best Regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shankar,

In tile actdeta2 to make the 'PrivateFlag' selected by default, I changed the code in actdeta2DSOActafterNewContent. I generated the changes and see that the file Tactdeta2.dat is modified as of today.

Not sure, whether the above change is a code change or modelling change

I created a MUP with this single file and transported them to another mobile client. But the upgrade is failing.

ERROR occurred in module UpgradeClient.Shared.CFile

ERROR DESCRIPTION : registration of C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\App.Net\MSA\BOL\Apps\sfabol\vba\WBIT\sfabol\bin\sfabol.dll failed

removing data of upgrade "NewUpgrade{5.0.0.4-9}"

I believe this is because of the registration issue in my previous upgrade, where I migrated the changes in sfabol.dll file.

Please help.

Thanks,

Chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in case a MUP upgrade was failing you always should remove the existing registry entry/entries under <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\MSA\UPGRADES> because the system is still trying to apply the old unsuccessful upgrades and you might get confused.

Regards,

Wolfhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chan

The chanhe you have done to actdeta2

is a code changes. So Here you do not need to ship the tactedata2.dat file. MSA.dll needs to be shipped in this case.

It seems that you have confused of what to deploy to the mobile clients. I will give a simple solution for that.

Step 0: Do Complete Generation ' Generate All' .(It is an optional step, You can ignore this if you had done it recently)

Step 1 : On your Master Development Workstation ( where the Mobile Application Studio is installed ), invoke the SAP Upgrade Console ( "UpgradeConsole.exe" ).

Step 2 : Click on "New" in the toolbar. This will load the wizard, which shows a set of upgrade units.

Step 3 : Select ( check ) the Upgrade Unit "Deploy UI Changes" and 'Deploy BOL Changes". Then press the 'Next' button in the wizard.

Step 4 : In the next screen, select ( check ) the application and the languages. Then click on the 'Finish' button. The Upgrade Editor will be loaded with an upgrade containing the selections made by you.

Step 5 : Enter a new name for this upgrade ( in the bar on the left hand side ) , and then press the "Create Package" button on the toolbar. This will popup a dialog box telling you that the upgrade package has been created in a specific location.

Step 6 : On this dialog box, click on the "Show Folder" button. This will open a Windows Explorer window at the folder containing the package ( .mup file ) created for your upgrade.

Step 7: Now Copy the MUP to mobile Client machine

Step 8 :Before you deploy the MUP in the mobile client machine,Delete all subkeys present under

<HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\MSA\UPGRADES>

Step 9: Now Double click on MUP file.

Using this way, you deploy entire MSA folder and this will not lead any inconsistencies. WIth this, you don't need to worry about what changes you make in MAS.

Best Regards

Shankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess that you have tested in debug mode but didn't build the SFABOL.DLL so far...

Regards,

Wolfhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfhard,

I generated the changes and rebuild the solution also. But still the changes were not included in the upgrade package.

Thanks,

Chan