cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail attachment in workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently i am doing an scenario in which a pdf file has to be send as an attachment with an email step in the workflow.

can anybody please help me how to do the above step.

Thanks in Advance

Chandran Subramanian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandran,

Here is an easy way of doing this...

1) Create a normal workflow step (not the standard one that we normally use for mailing).

2) Inside the step, program a task (using business object methods).. this method can have the code for sending mail. (Function module SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 can be used to send mails)

Please let me know if you run into problems...

Regards

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks a lot,

Kindly let me know whether we have to create our custom Business Object and embed in to it or is there any Standard Business Object with method available that will trigger this function module.

Can you please eloborate it little more.

Thanks in Advance.........

Regards

Chandran

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chandran Subramanian = Chandran S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandran,

I have found another way of doing this.

Use the standard mail step. Note that there is this Business Object SELFITEM and its method SENDTASKDESCRIPTION that runs behind this standard step. And this method has an importing (tables) parameter for attachments (of type Business Object SOFM).

Create a table of this type (SOFM) in your workflow container and fill this attachment table in a previous step using a custom business object method. Your next step should be the Mail step, with a proper binding to the container's attachment table.

This should do the trick.

Thanks

Arun.

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are so many threads related to this, please do a search on this forum.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You very much