Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete IDocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have some nice report/class/method to delete unwanted IDocs ?

- i know transaction WE11 but this one is not really nice without IDocno and Partner.

- i know set deletionflag, but this is really time spending.

any other ideas ?

Thx,

Gordon

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´ve checked report RSETESTD from WE11.

any arguments against adding the IDocnumber, Status and Partner in the select options ?

I think this should be possible

Regards,

Gordon

0 Kudos

that should be fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all, draw out a design pattern based on which we can decide whether or not the IDocs are unwanted. Based on the Criteria, we can look for an appropriate Tool / Transaction / Report which will delete those IDocs based on certain Criteria.

Apart from that, we already have the Transaction WE11.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boss,

We can't delete the Idocs directly , First of all we have to archieve the idocs Using Executable program RSEXARCA .

Later Delete the idocs using RSEXARCD.

Best Regards,

Narasimha Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cann't delete the IDOC's physically, what you can do is only set the deletion flag on for the unwanted IDOC's ie set the status to 31 for outbound idocs and to 68 status for inbound idoc's.

The IDOC's are not physically deleted because they are the documents used for either creation of a document in our system, or it is a document which tells us that this has been sent to our partner.

If you wanted to delete the idoc's physically then you need to archive them first and then only delete them.

thanks,

Mahesh.