cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY Scatter Chart - Show Label in place of Value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working with Crystal Reports XI and I need to create a XY Scatter Chart to represent companies into the graph.

But when a show a rectangular form representing the company, I can show the name of the company, only the value XY. Somebody can help me to show the name (label) in place of the value?

For exemple:

I have 2 companies

X Y Name

7 9 Chololat

5 3 IceCream

I'd like to show Chocolat and IceCream and not (7, 9) and (5, 3)

Thanks a lot for your help

Have a nice surf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Unfortunately this is not possible in a X-Y scatter chart.

Reason: x-y scatter always shows the summary values of 2 or more fields/formulas and thus a datapoint always reflects a numeric value.

Alternative:A stacked line chart or a stacked bar chart could be a better option.

Let me know if this helps

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Acharya,

Thanks for your answer but it's not good, because with your solution I obtain 2 points for each company => I have 2 lines for the staked line: one for the X values and one for the Y values. This is not a XY coordinated.

If you have another suggestion, I'm ready to try this

Guy

PS: I'd like to compare, for each company, the XY values (like in XY Scatter chart) but for a better identification, I'd like to add the company name near the XY position (or a number with legend) in place of color or coordinated

Edited by: Guy Ruth on Oct 15, 2008 3:54 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same problem - show the label instead of the x-y-value.

From my point of view it has to be possible. Otherwise this chart-type is not suitable for datasets with more than four or five lines on a b/w printout. Using different icons for each dataset (e.g. point, star, rectangle, ...) is not a solution or wont be accepted by the end-users...

Maybe there is a workaround that has not been mentioned yet?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

If all else fails, this is a feature of our CRChart add-in library for Crystal Reports.

The @DATATEXT macro would solve this nicely (try value 2).

-Dan

DISCLAIMER: I work for the company, threedgraphics.com, that makes this product. This product costs money.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan,

Where can I get the Chart Add-in?

Thanks,

Wen

Answers (0)