cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport InfoObject from BW 3.x to BI7?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody know,

how to transport any InfoObject form BW 3.x to BI7 safely?

Iu2019ve got scenario with two systems (BW 3.x and BI7) and there arenu2019t transport routes.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think there is some specail transport that you need, you can still do it the old way of transport. The only thing here is when you activate the InfoObject in the new system or BI 7.0 system in the BI Content browser, you will prompted for migrating the old content to new content. Here you have to decide and its quite straight forward.

Regards,

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean wrote u201Cdo it the old way of transportu201D. As I wrote I havenu2019t transport router.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It may be possilbe if you have a special software tool for transport system.

It's not possible using manual transport system

Regards,

Chandu,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iu2019m going to use XML import/export but, Iu2019m not sure if it will be work.

I tested it, tried to export/import empty InfoArea object between two systems (from A to B), everything looks good, but after import XML file, I canu2019t find (I donu2019t see) this infoarea in system B.

I read many forum posts about this, but I didnu2019t find solution.

Have you been ever used XML import/export function?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

May be the objects on transport not being imported into the syatme B,that's why you can not find them.

I never used XML for transports.Speak to your basis guys to make connections between the systems.

Regards,

Chandu.