cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I activated Duplicate Invoices in Spro-MM-Logistic invoice verification-Incoming invoice-Set check for duplicate invoices setting control for company code, invoice data and reference. Then i setting duplicate invoice in vendor anagrafic.

So, when i register a duplicate invoice with same company code, number of order, vendor, refence, invoice data, the sistem give me this message:"Check if invoice already entered under accounting document no 100132".

I ask you why don't give me the message with the number of logistic invoice but with the number of accountin document?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is highly unusual that a same Invoice number is used again unless you have a recurring number range.. Moreover you could have teh same reference info and company code and create a new document... The Invoice # is not the same and hence would let it go. the check is performed on the accounting documents first not the accounting document # and then the LIV document

check this note for further clarification

LINK: [https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=305201]

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks for the clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

so, if i understand, when i register a duplicate invoice(same reference, date, company, order of a invoice registered for example two days ago) the system never give me a warning or error message with the number of LOGISTICS INVOICE(registered two days ago) but with ACCOUNTING DOCUMENT(refer to invoice register two days ago).

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Exactly! System will throw a warning message with the accounting document number only.

Then only it is possible to cross check with the item we are going to enter.Otherwise there can be more than one item in a LIV document and so it isnt easy to identify whether the invoice item was entered or not.

Hope this helps

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

well once again, The system checks the accounting documents first with the validations and later the LIv document, which is why you tend to percieve this scenario..