cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while Actvation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to activate an activity and I am getting the following error.

===== Processing =====

BUILD DCs

"bp.com/Pricing_Report_Repricing" in variant "default"

.. FAILURE: The build failed since there already exists a "/gen" folder in the repository with checked-in files.

The "/gen" folder in general MUST NOT BE USED for storage of sources or other files. [result code: 113]

Please check in the repository if there are any checked-in files in the following folder and delete them before repeating the request:

"C:\Temp\CBS\27\.B\2716\DCs\bp.com\Pricing_Report_Repricing\_comp\gen\default".

===== Processing ===== finished at 2006-02-09 06:38:10.456 GMT and took 3 s 520 ms

I checked the above folder and found it empty.

Can anyone tell me how I can solve the problem?

Thanks and Regards,

Reena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

what I would do:

- create a DTR client in the NWDS (see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/17/73a43f4aa1330ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm )

- navigate to the appropriate workspace and DC (ws/<trackid>/<compartment_id>/dev/inactive/DCs/bp.com/.../

(you should see that there is a gen/default folder structure that contains files.)

- delete the whole gen/-subtree from DTR (sync folder to local disk, then choose delete -> subtree from the context menu. Deleting doesn't work unless you have the content synced.). This should create and check-in an activity with a name like "immediate hierarchical deletion".

- go to the "Closed Activities" view and activate that change.

Regards,

Marc

Message was edited by:

Marc Wirth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

Check your DTR, may be you cheked in gen folder, if so delete that folder, any probs let me know

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

I have seen this problem, it is due to the buil log file which gets checked-in in the

DTR.

Go to the DTR perspective, and for your DC delete the files in the \gen\default\logs

ie. 1 build txt file , and 1 build xml file.

It will ask for an activity for this, please create it, and activate it first (i.e before the

activity that is giving the problem).

Hope it helps.

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena..,

Did u get solution for this problem...if yes can u please help us wea are also facing similar issue