cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

size of generated HTML page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I am pretty new at BPS and BSP, so my question might be already answered. Anyhow I didn't find.

We have a big Web Application created in BPS0 and BPS_WB. This application is used in all subsidaries. As we are not a too big company, the network connection is bad. Less HTML (can be 300k) is the aim with the same amount of info. I looked at the HTML and found two things:

A lot Javascripts are transferred for each page, but in fact this Javascript doesn't seem to be used. I found some coding for "Mozilla", which can be clearly deleted. Is there a way to get rid of it, by some central customization?

See below a snap of the generated HTML of a table from a Layout of BPS0. There is a lot of repeated info, which is the same for each cell, is there a trick to get rid of it?

Shall we use Themes in BPS_WB? (As we are on BI 7.0, we could)

Best regards

Harald.

class="SAPBEXstdDataOdd" >

<span id="Layout2_FB_JAHR-3-5" ct="TextView" class="urTxtStd urVt1" style="white-space:nowrap;">ST</span>

</td>

<td id="Layout2_FB_JAHR-3-6-cell" nowrap

class="SAPBEXstdDataOdd"

style="text-align: right;" >

<span id="Layout2_FB_JAHR-3-6" ct="TextView" class="urTxtStd urVt1" style="white-space:nowrap;">1.034</span>

</td>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Had some problems JavaScript was not really pastable into the Editor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Test

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, we had to figure it out by ourselfes:

The JavaScript Coding in JS3.html is 98% redundant. It can be changed for all generated BSP page in the application SEM_UPWB but this is a modification.

You can change your JS3.htm as below and transport it away from the development. Each time you transport it again you should just delete JS3.html from the transport. Bad solution, but I don's see any else then a modification, which is also bad.

This should save you each time 20K.

Furthermore you should activate page compression. I have an open message in OSS, may be something is changed here.

Last of all for big tables a change of Layout.View might be possible, but didn't test it out, as I am not really a HTML expert.

Naturally there were also other improvement in the flow found, which have nothing to do with htlm.

function handleLoad(statefull, title)

{

try {

parent.handleChildLoaded(statefull == 'X', title);

} catch(e) {}

}

</SCRIPT>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did some more research:

Spaces in the table area can be avoided in SE80 via changing the attribute of Layout.View. These changes will survive a regeneration of the Application, so that's a already 4% of what I want.

CRLF should be tolerated, otherwise some self-written Javascript might not work anymore.

The code for the cells in "Layout.View" might be changed to reduce space, but it won't survive next generation of the code.

The JS3.HTML code might be reduced, but changes won't survive regeneration.

More suggestions?

Harald.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try not to change system-generated BSP application by removing /adding HTML code until you are a BPS, BSP and HTML expert. This is not relibale solution as everytime you generate the BPS Web interface the associated BSP application will be regenerated and all the user code gets deleted automatically by system.

Rather you can improve the performance of your HTML page which degrades due to bad network speed by reducing the no. of request/response between your presentation server and application server. You can achieve this by reducing the no. of events that occur in Web Interface at every user action. For eg. setting the property 'Event on Selection' of a tab page to false. There are many other tips that you can implement to improve the performace of your interface rather than changing the HTML code.

Regards,

Deepti