cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem testing Metadata in JCO connections (Flightlist)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I have the sneak preview WAS Server Java 6.4 (J2EE) and I have also installed the MINIWAS 6.2. I have successfully setup the SLD and imported the 2 zip files. I can start SAP, and through SM59 test connect to SLD_NUC. I can use RZ70 to 'send' info. I can successfully load, build, archieve the Flightlist demo. I can go to http://localhost:50000/Webdynepro/welcome. and create and test the Model data under JCO connections (not using load balancing). When I test 'metadata_dest' I get the RFC_error_communication Group Public not found. I tried your fix (services file sapmsBSP 3200 from another post), but this makes it not possible to connect to sap since I think SAP listens on port 3200. Any thoughts? Can I spoof my single server system to think its has load balancing?

Thanks

Russ Wagner

Canada

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using also minisap and this problem was solved very easy.

After smlg and setting up logon group press save and button back again save if you will be ask.

Press button Group at Sap Gui and place network name of your sap, anyway if you have it at home, it can be name "localhost"

Please let me know if you have any trouble.

Rewards the point

Peter Nechala

0 Kudos

Hi,

If in SMLG menu "goto->load distribution" the field "current logon instance" is empty run report RSRZLLG0_ACTUAL without the flag FRCE_SAV...

After the run the field should be the name of your instance...

check with:

lgtst -H pc -S sapmsnsp -D 1

the output should be:

list of reachable application servers

-

[pc_NSP_00] [pc] [192.168.1.6] [sapdp00] [3200] [DIA UPD ENQ BTC SPO ICM ]

list of selectable logon groups with favorites

-

[SPACE] [192.168.1.6] [3200] [700]

bye

sambarza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian:

Thanks for your follow-up. ST22 and SM21 did'nt point to anything. What is realy interesting is when I go into SMLG, create a group, use RZ70 to push the changes out, then go into .../Webdynpro/welcome...and run the wizard to create the RFC_METADATA, the group I just created in SMLG is displayed in the Group dropdown.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ, hi others,

I have exactly the same situation: "Message Server did not find any groups"

Are there any further suggestions?

Russ, did you find a solution in the meantime?

I'm also using Minisap so perhaps this is a error(?) or not supported function!?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I have the same problem ("Message Server did not find any groups") and I'm using minisap too (I have no access to transaction RZ70, for example).

Did you find a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. I'm using the SneakPreview ABAP version and when i define a group for my instance in SMLG, the group is not found. Not in the SAPGui, not when i use the command line tool lgtst.exe. Has anyone the same problem or found a solution?

Greetz

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian:

Appreciate your comments. I don't understand shat you mean by a 'rfc logon via logon group'. I can do a "Remote logon" from one of (some of) the destinations under SM59. Again, I am not getting an error trying to generate a list of Groups from the logon on pad, I am getting a message displayed that there are no logon groups (Message Server could not find any groups).

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

in the last post I meant that you should active the parameter named there and then start try to confiure your metadata rfc from within the webydnpro / welcome application. After you've done this take a look in the ST22 transaction to see what the short dump says, if there one available.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian:

I tried the Ext. RFC-enabled with every conceivable combination. Still no luck.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

try the following:

- go to RZ11

- temporarily change rfc/signon_error_log to 1

- try an rfc logon via logon group

- view the error in st22

Also have a lock in the system log SM21.

Maybe this helps?

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, and thanks for your responses.

My 'services' file has the entry sapmsBSP 3600/tcp with a new line after the entry. I have tried 'PUBLIC' and 'SPACE' both upper and lower and mixed case. Again,

I go to the SAP Logon pad, click the GROUPS button, enter System ID and message server, then click Generate List, I get a window opening up saying that "Message Server could not find any Groups"

Any further thoughts?

Thanks

Russ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

did you try to activate Ext. RFC-enabled on the attributes tab of the logon group SPACE in SMLG?

I don't use the MINI WAS so I can't reproduce your scenario.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I have that problem, I mean, when the SPACE logon group seems not to work I try restarting both instances and the problem is solved. Try that. What if you do your SLD configuration in the JAVA instance.. through Visual Administrator and http://javainstanceserver:50000/sld ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

> When I test 'metadata_dest' I get the

> RFC_error_communication Group Public not found.

Try to use SPACE instead of PUBLIC as logon group for the Message Server Connection in the Web Dynpro Content Administrator JCo Connection configuration.

Regards, Tanja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian :

Thanks for the response. I have already tried going to transaction SMLG and created the group PUBLIC but the 'group' functionality seems to want a 'load-balanced' system. I have a 'single-server' equivalent system

As an example, when I have created the group PUBLIC through SMLG, I go to the SAP Logon pad, click the GROUPS button, enter System ID and message server, then click Generate List, I get a window opening up saying that "Message Server could not find any Groups"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Russ Wagner

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

did you enter the message server port in the /etc/services (rsp. %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\services) in the form sapms<SID> 36<SysNr>/tcp (eg.: sapmsWAS 3600/tcp)?

On Windows you have to keep in mind, that you need a newline after this entry, else the entry will be ignored. And try a reboot on windows so the services will be read.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

try connect to your ABAP stack and start the transaction SMLG. There you can configure a new logon group PUBLIC.

Best regards,

Christian